VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

On another note of far lesser importance - I think I have been very bad this year. I just finished banking some of our Oct UY points! How could I let that happen!!???!! :rolleyes1

Hello, everyone. Hope the holiday is enjoyable for all of you! :)

Here are some pics of the WL lobby. We were there May 15th for dinner, and I noticed the water that trickles down from the lobby to fill the pool, was not running. There were "please pardon our pixie dust" signs on the lobby bridge, and all of these Leland Cypress trees in black pots surrounding the bridge. I completely forgot to ask management what it all meant. D'oh! Sorry! :rolleyes2

Sat in these lovely chairs. :)

And here are some just for grins. See how the creek is dry?

The weather was gorgeous! Dry and in the 70's!

Happy Anniversary Twokats!!!!

I thank you kind sir! We have not done much this year, even though it was a milestone year. . . . # 30 for us. Le and I both say it just feels like a few years ago that we were married instead of 30 years. My therapy has kept us close to home, but I am gaining strength so that we can celebrate this fall when we finally get to go on a few vacations.

Good morning all! :)

All these quick WDW trips are making me so jealous! We won't be back until late 2015 at the very earliest. We rented out our points for this year to work on our debt.

JT - I hope you love AKV. We do! You all know how obsessed I was with VWL when we got home from our last trip, and when we added on. That's how much I adore AKV also. When we tried the Boardwalk this last trip, I was excited to stay there but sad that I wouldn't get to 'go home'. Luckily it worked out, and we added on at AKV at the beginning of that trip too :)

So, this weekend is the first one that I am at my second job. I have been here since yesterday at 7 am and will get to leave tonight at 11. I'm sad to be away from home but we are working Dave Ramsey's baby steps, so this should speed the process up. I'm hoping to only keep this job for 6 months to a year at the most. Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Our last add-on was for AKL. Le totally surprised me with that on our 28th anniversary.
And hang in there with the jobs and your goals. It meant a lot to us when we were able to pay our home off plus all our DVC loans. I have a small car loan now, but it is a 0%, so it was worth it to have that instead of taking all our savings for my car.

Thank you SO much for the "happy anniversary" wishes DiznyDi, Corinne, Jimmytammy & blossomz !!!

You all are truly the sweetest, most thoughtful people :grouphug:

And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to TWOKATS!!!!

Thanks Maria. Hope yours was a special one also. We planned our wedding around Memorial weekend so that we would always have a long weekend to celebrate on. . . was that on y'alls mind also?

Happy belated anniversary Maria and TwoKats!

I hope you both had magical special days with your loves. :lovestruc

You didn't stick your nose in at all! I really appreciate the encouragement, and congratulations to you with everything that you have overcome! :cheer2: Alcoholism runs rampant in my family, so I definitely can sympathize with your struggles. Keep up the good work!

And if I can keep myself out of Kohls with all the coupons they keep trying to lure me back with, I guarantee you can stay away from Trout Pass. ;) :laughing:

You did not miss it at all! It is today. In fact 30 years ago at this time we were at our reception. Except that 30 years ago it was a Saturday!

It always seems strange to say "Happy" with the words "Memorial Day". But as is the case at funerals, we are celebrating the life of those who gave their lives to allow us to enjoy the wonderful lives that we have.

So...Happy Memorial Day to all. A good day for an extra hug for our loved ones as well. :goodvibes

Hope this special day has been good for all the groupies. I am blessed to have a lot of military in my family, uncles who have already gone, and my sweet husband and son, who served in the Air Force and Army.

Thanks to all who have served and especially to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice!

I finally after piecing it together have 4 nights at VWL!!! It is my favorite place to stay!!!:cool1:

This is my first trip post Divorce and Move. My Girls and I are moving to the Clearwater area in June. :beach:

This trip will be myself, my best friend and my 2 girls (7&8)

My cousin, his wife and ther son will also be joining us.

I am really looking forward to this trip. It is all the adults on the trips birthday the week we are going, except mine! :dance3: So I am planning a day long celebration. It is a surprise for all of them. Sort of a Thank you for helping me so much in the past year.

I finally after piecing it together have 4 nights at VWL!!! It is my favorite place to stay!!!:cool1:

This is my first trip post Divorce and Move. My Girls and I are moving to the Clearwater area in June. :beach:

This trip will be myself, my best friend and my 2 girls (7&8)

My cousin, his wife and ther son will also be joining us.

I am really looking forward to this trip. It is all the adults on the trips birthday the week we are going, except mine! :dance3: So I am planning a day long celebration. It is a surprise for all of them. Sort of a Thank you for helping me so much in the past year.

So happy for your upcoming trip!! :cool1: The birthday celebrations sound wonderful, too!! :wizard:

twokats says: Thanks Maria. Hope yours was a special one also. We planned our wedding around Memorial weekend so that we would always have a long weekend to celebrate on. . . was that on y'alls mind also?

Great idea twokats! But no. In our case, all the May, June and July weddings were booked at the reception hall we wanted. May 24 (Memorial weekend) was the only one open. At the time, they told us it wasn't popular because people plan their vacations around Memorial Day and that can affect the amount of "yes" RSVP's one gets. We only had 4 guests RSVP "no" and we love now that it is this weekend! :love:

Haven't been on much lately but happy birthday to sechem (tomorrow!) and a belated happy anniversary to Kathy. Traveled a bit lately, been teaching at one of the worst times for subs (end of the school year), and am involved in a local theater production. Tough to find time to get on here. Still, if you have updates to the Trips Page (page #1), I promise to get to them as quickly as possible.

Ciao!

Welcome to the groupies monami7!!!!
Lisann, love the pics!!
mvndvm, Hope you have a great trip!!

Good Morning Groupies! I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday week-end. We had beautiful warm sunny days. Rains didn't hit until yesterday.

We haven't had internet service in the evenings for about the past 9-10 days. We're hoping that means they've upgraded the system. Generally I always make my way to the Dis during the evening hours.

I see I missed Kathy's anniversary. Wishing Kathy and Le a very Happy Belated Anniversary! Take it easy and let your body continue to heal so you can enjoy that cruise!

Great job Heather on whittling away your debt! It can be hard but the rewards will be awesome. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Greg for sharing your story. We Groupies inspire one another. This is a great accomplishment (and inspiration for others)! I wish for you many more years of continued sobriety.

Love your photos Lisann. Thanks for posting them. I never grow tired of looking at pics of the Lodge.

WELCOME to the Groupies monami7! Boy you'll be busy these next several weeks! I can't think of a better place to relax and de-stress than at our beloved Lodge.

mvndvm today's the day! Enjoy your stay and have a great trip! We love pictures.....

Sleepy what's this about theater? Do you sing, dance..... This is a side of you you've not shared with us before. Whatever the production, I'll bet you'll enjoy every minute.

Have a good day groupies!

Di

Oh boy, almost forgot...

Happy Birthday Liz!
Enjoy your day in celebration with family and friends!

:yay: three more sleeps!:yay: but since I am like Di, more like 1.5 sleeps:scared1:

Oh so exciting.....
So what do you do when you can't sleep? I generally go downstairs to my computer and cruise the net hoping to get tired. Occasionally I'll clean my 'plastics' cupboard. Sometimes I even start planning the next trip. :rotfl2: Pixie dust for 3 good nights sleep so you can hit the parks full steam ahead!

Happy Birthday sechem32!!! Hope your having an awesome day!

And a belated Happy Anniversary Kathy!!

I also noticed that you have a birthday coming up Corinne - sounds like you'll be celebrating at the world?!?!?! One of the best places to start another year IMO. :cool1: Good luck with the sleep!

I finally after piecing it together have 4 nights at VWL!!! It is my favorite place to stay!!!:cool1: . . . . all the adults on the trips birthday the week we are going, except mine! :dance3: So I am planning a day long celebration. It is a surprise for all of them. Sort of a Thank you for helping me so much in the past year.

:welcome: and I hope you have a great trip.

Happy Birthday sechem32!!!!

Happy Birthday, I hope it was magical!!!

Haven't been on much lately but happy birthday to sechem (tomorrow!) and a belated happy anniversary to Kathy. Traveled a bit lately, been teaching at one of the worst times for subs (end of the school year), and am involved in a local theater production. Tough to find time to get on here. Still, if you have updates to the Trips Page (page #1), I promise to get to them as quickly as possible.

Ciao!

Thank you, I hope your end of the school year passes and you have a nice summer.

:yay: three more sleeps!:yay: but since I am like Di, more like 1.5 sleeps:scared1:

Have a good and safe trip.

Good Morning Groupies! I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday week-end. We had beautiful warm sunny days. Rains didn't hit until yesterday.

We haven't had internet service in the evenings for about the past 9-10 days. We're hoping that means they've upgraded the system. Generally I always make my way to the Dis during the evening hours.

I see I missed Kathy's anniversary. Wishing Kathy and Le a very Happy Belated Anniversary! Take it easy and let your body continue to heal so you can enjoy that cruise!

Have a good day groupies!

Di

Thank you, and I am trying to heal. My therapist is working hard with me to get both my arm and leg back to 100%.
I hope your internet worries are over soon.

Happy Anniversary Kathy!!

Thank you.

OK, so just returned from VWL... stay from May 21-27. Second floor room 2548. The one bedroom was quite comfy (I still like OKW and BWV though). We were on the side that face the bus stop... but couldn't see through all the lush trees. We could occasionally hear the beep beep beep, but only if the door was open to the balcony. The DVC pool was nice, but why can't they have a bar there? The Main pool we didn't use at all... they weren't allowing pool hopping and were checking guests, which was nice...but they were doing that for the DVC pool. There was a movie on the beach every night except for one they moved inside. They also have campfires with marshmallow toasting... yummmm.... We saw the light parade once. Over all the resort is very nice, but I prefer the other two that I mentioned. (I live in NH, and although this resort is West... it reminded me too much of NH)

The bus service left much to be desired. We took the boat to Contemporary and walked to MK (boat to MK only runs 30 minutes before park opens). Took the boat to Contemporary took monorail to transportation center then to epcot... .etc... this was faster than the bus service from VWL.

The main pool bar ran out of ice one night....

The counter service was decent...

I would stay here again, but not a first choice

hmmmm... that is all for now

The bus service left much to be desired. We took the boat to Contemporary and walked to MK (boat to MK only runs 30 minutes before park opens). Took the boat to Contemporary took monorail to transportation center then to epcot... .etc... this was faster than the bus service from VWL.

You found it faster to ride a boat to CR and walk the rest of the way to the castle? Why did you not ride the boat directly to MK? I have always found that boats run pretty consistent. There are two boats running simultaneously between WL and MK. If we just miss the boat as we are coming down the boardwalk, the other one is only about fifteen minutes away.

The monorail thing to Epcot may be a bit faster than buses. Going to Fort Wilderness first is kind of time consuming. My recollection WL to Epcot is 20 or 30 minutes. Coming back from Epoct (especially in the evening after dark) we enjoy riding the monorail to TTC, switching to the ferry ride to MK, and then ride the boat to WL. It is not fast but it is pleasant. If timed right one can see wishes and the water parade with riding water transportation.

Sleepy what's this about theater? Do you sing, dance..... This is a side of you you've not shared with us before. Whatever the production, I'll bet you'll enjoy every minute.

Di
Well, I wouldn't count singing and dancing as being my strong suits (though I've done both), but I do enjoy the acting portion. . .might've had a minor in college revolving around theater. ;) This particular production is a comedy revolving around a wedding in a fictional Texas town full of oddball characters. I play two of them. Should be a hoot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter