• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

You are correct. There is a lot of grumbling, though, settled down more recent, as to the name change. Most of us here refuse to call it BRV, and still opt for VWL. So you are amongst some die hards here::yes::

We have always enjoyed The Territory Lounge as well, and made a lifelong friend there in the process(actually texted with him last night)who tended/waited tables there way back. But it has changed with Artists Point becoming a character meal. Late at night, it reminds me of the old days, but the lights stay brighter than back then, so the ambiance is a bit lost IMO.
I agree, before Artist Point change Territory Lounge was a favorite and it still is late night. Geyser Point has also become a favorite as I live the ambiance and the food and drinks are good as well.
As noted, most of us here call our beloved home VWL, though I do use BRV in other threads. . .sometimes. . .to avoid confusion. When they converted all the south wing to Copper Creek rooms and built the cabins, some knucklehead decided that the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge would somehow be confusing. So, they created a whole new back story about some quarry or other and renamed VWL to BRV. The Hidden Springs pool changed from an oasis to, wait for it, a quarry swimming hole. Geyser Point replaced the beach. The nature trail was eaten by the new CC cabins. All of these changes were received with some trepidation by some of us (read: me). However, as JT says, it still retains enough of the old charm and, well, wilderness to be the best resort on property.

What both Lakegirl and JT hint at in regards to Territory Lounge and Artist Point is that the latter changed the former. Artist Point was a very good restaurant and our go to place for a nice adult meal with great views and ambiance. However, being tucked away at WL, as well as a few down years when they tried to do Asian fusion, apparently business wasn't good enough for the suits. Thus, they changed AP to a character meal. An expensive prix fixe menu character meal. Meanwhile, over the years, Territory Lounge had been a marvelous spot to grab an adult libation, eat most items off the AP menu, and enjoy a quiet and relaxing spot for adult conversation. Then came the character meal and a reduction in the bar menu. Given there is no actual waiting area for AP, you can guess where many families tend to wait before heading into AP. So, Territory Lounge is now a de facto foyer for the character meal at AP meaning it's crowded, loud, and full of smaller kids between 4:30 and 9:30. Thus, if you go late at night, you're fine; otherwise, TL is more like Beaches and Cream than a grown up venue. That could just be me. pirate: That's where GP comes into the picture. It can be difficult to secure a table there anymore, but it's a lovely place to sit, imbibe, eat, and even watch the fireworks.

Despite my admitted cynicism, we do love our VWL and WL and even CC. It's still home. . .

As noted, most of us here call our beloved home VWL, though I do use BRV in other threads. . .sometimes. . .to avoid confusion. When they converted all the south wing to Copper Creek rooms and built the cabins, some knucklehead decided that the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge would somehow be confusing. So, they created a whole new back story about some quarry or other and renamed VWL to BRV. The Hidden Springs pool changed from an oasis to, wait for it, a quarry swimming hole. Geyser Point replaced the beach. The nature trail was eaten by the new CC cabins. All of these changes were received with some trepidation by some of us (read: me). However, as JT says, it still retains enough of the old charm and, well, wilderness to be the best resort on property.

What both Lakegirl and JT hint at in regards to Territory Lounge and Artist Point is that the latter changed the former. Artist Point was a very good restaurant and our go to place for a nice adult meal with great views and ambiance. However, being tucked away at WL, as well as a few down years when they tried to do Asian fusion, apparently business wasn't good enough for the suits. Thus, they changed AP to a character meal. An expensive prix fixe menu character meal. Meanwhile, over the years, Territory Lounge had been a marvelous spot to grab an adult libation, eat most items off the AP menu, and enjoy a quiet and relaxing spot for adult conversation. Then came the character meal and a reduction in the bar menu. Given there is no actual waiting area for AP, you can guess where many families tend to wait before heading into AP. So, Territory Lounge is now a de facto foyer for the character meal at AP meaning it's crowded, loud, and full of smaller kids between 4:30 and 9:30. Thus, if you go late at night, you're fine; otherwise, TL is more like Beaches and Cream than a grown up venue. That could just be me. pirate: That's where GP comes into the picture. It can be difficult to secure a table there anymore, but it's a lovely place to sit, imbibe, eat, and even watch the fireworks.

Despite my admitted cynicism, we do love our VWL and WL and even CC. It's still home. . .
Well said! 👏

I was just reading over at the site that shall not be named that Disney has canceled the development of the Reflections resort over on the old River Country footprint.
Does this mean they'll restore the paths between WL and FW?

Last edited:

I was just reading over at the site that shall not be named that Disney has canceled the development of the Reflections resort over on the old River Country footprint.

I would hope they will at least do that!

This is surprising...they were moving right along only two months ago. I don't know what site you are referencing, but I saw a post in mid-April from one of the banned websites. This picture was included:

Reflections Construction.jpeg

It seems like they were pretty far along to scrap the plans for Reflections. Put them on hold for a year or two, sure, but cancelling altogether seems a little drastic.

I confess I personally didn't find it a big plus to have it going in. I like VWL/WL being a little quieter piece of the World.
I agree with you. That was my worry, along with increased packed boat traffic and shared buses.

This is surprising...they were moving right along only two months ago. I don't know what site you are referencing, but I saw a post in mid-April from one of the banned websites. This picture was included:

View attachment 501092

It seems like they were pretty far along to scrap the plans for Reflections. Put them on hold for a year or two, sure, but cancelling altogether seems a little drastic.
Don't shoot the messenger, I just parroted what I heard as I know this site does not allow links to that one.

Yes, it might just be on hold indefinitely. Disney did that with AoA... whatever it was to be called. I'm thankful that they don't have the bones up as an eyesore to look at for the next umpteen years.

In time they will develop on that lot and hopefully by then it will have something a bit more suiting the area in style and name.

If Reflections is a bust, I for one will breathe a sigh of relief. I never thought the design really fit the setting. Plus, its taking away from the serenity of that whole corner of WDW, FW and WL dominating it amongst the trees. I say grow the trees back, put in another nature trail and lets get back to the norm.

Don't shoot the messenger, I just parroted what I heard as I know this site does not allow links to that one.

Yes, it might just be on hold indefinitely. Disney did that with AoA... whatever it was to be called. I'm thankful that they don't have the bones up as an eyesore to look at for the next umpteen years.

In time they will develop on that lot and hopefully by then it will have something a bit more suiting the area in style and name.

Cindy...I'm sorry that my post came across as challenging you or being antagonistic. I simply meant that I didn't know what website you were referencing. I've since seen this reported elsewhere and pointed to the magic website you referred to. I certainly did not mean to shoot the messenger!

If they clear out the construction equipment I don't see any reason they will have to keep the path to FW closed. I have been fairly neutral on the whole Reflections resort thing, but if it is over then I hope they move quickly to cleaning up and moving out.

That was my worry, along with increased packed boat traffic and shared buses.

Yes, this was a concern. Especially the boats that navigate Bay Lake.

Hello, Groupies! We're here at Disney's HHI and so far, so good. Yesterday's weather was better than forecast (high 80 and partly sunny), but today is yesterday's original weather--cloudy, windy, and might hit 72 by late afternoon. Still, it's great to be here, and as you can tell, we've had Mickey waffles! Much to report at a later time as we're about to head out to tool around HHI and Bluffton. And more pics to come when they finally get loaded. Cheers!

View attachment 501092

Our view from VWL showed the disappearance of trees daily, and I was so sad. I hope they reforest that area!

View attachment 501440

Hello, Groupies! We're here at Disney's HHI and so far, so good. Yesterday's weather was better than forecast (high 80 and partly sunny), but today is yesterday's original weather--cloudy, windy, and might hit 72 by late afternoon. Still, it's great to be here, and as you can tell, we've had Mickey waffles! Much to report at a later time as we're about to head out to tool around HHI and Bluffton. And more pics to come when they finally get loaded. Cheers!
That looks like best antidote to COVID anxiety ever!!
Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter