VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Okay, so it's a Scottish scene, but that matters not, family is family. My grandpa's name was Fergus (same as the character of the king above) that might have a little to do with why I love this movie so much.

This Thanksgiving I'm especially thankful to have both of my parents with us. I just spent all day cooking and cleaning up after the pre-Thanksgiving day meal. We had our celebration here as my son will be headed south and I'm doing a meals-on-wheels version of dinner tomorrow as my daughter and I trek north to be with the aforementioned parents.

We never know how much time we will have with our family members, hold them tight, tell them you love them.

Last edited:
Kathy...nice to hear from the Texas contingent! I know what you mean about missing out on the December fun. We'll both have to remedy that next year so we can meet up again. All the best to you and Princess Kati! princess:

That is what Kati and I hope. We will be there a night or so before our Nov 1 cruise, so right now we are not sure if we will be able to squeeze another trip or not, but we are hoping!

We wish one and all groupies a very happy and full Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Some of you know I have been dealing with a major health issue for the past 7 months. Well, my scan was clean and I am going to WDW in January to celebrate!! ( I was going to go either way, but this way is much better!!)
What a great way to celebrate!

What wonderful Thanksgiving celebrations! From family to health to WDW, we are all thankful.
Ours was a little different this year. We had a Thanksgiving Day brunch with eggs and ham :) Our daughter-in-law had to work Thanksgiving Day at 2 and she needed to be included, so brunch it was.
For those that were challenged with the Black Friday sales, I hope you were successful!
For those at the World, may you be inspired by the gorgeous decorations. Christmas is getting closer every day.
And for the rest of us at home, enjoy what's left of your holiday week-end.

I'm with Sleepy, back to students tomorrow. I saw some of them Friday night though. We had a playoff football game at home Friday night that we won! We get to play in the state championship game on Thursday at Auburn. Pretty cool for our football team, band, and cheerleaders who get to play/cheer on a university football field (why oh why does it have to be Auburn??? :rolleyes1) Still pouting about the Iron Bowl on Saturday. So that's two basketball games, and one more football game this week, on top of those teacher responsibilities that I have. I should currently be grading the 4 inch stack of papers I brought home for the holiday...

What wonderful Thanksgiving celebrations! From family to health to WDW, we are all thankful.
Ours was a little different this year. We had a Thanksgiving Day brunch with eggs and ham :) Our daughter-in-law had to work Thanksgiving Day at 2 and she needed to be included, so brunch it was.
For those that were challenged with the Black Friday sales, I hope you were successful!
For those at the World, may you be inspired by the gorgeous decorations. Christmas is getting closer every day.
And for the rest of us at home, enjoy what's left of your holiday week-end.
Beautiful Thoughts.

I'm with Sleepy, back to students tomorrow. I saw some of them Friday night though. We had a playoff football game at home Friday night that we won! We get to play in the state championship game on Thursday at Auburn. Pretty cool for our football team, band, and cheerleaders who get to play/cheer on a university football field (why oh why does it have to be Auburn??? :rolleyes1) Still pouting about the Iron Bowl on Saturday. So that's two basketball games, and one more football game this week, on top of those teacher responsibilities that I have. I should currently be grading the 4 inch stack of papers I brought home for the holiday...
Yeah, the extracurricular stuff can be so time-consuming. We had our third straight home playoff game Saturday (state quarterfinals) and won hugely (52-6). So, another game this weekend, though we have to travel to a neutral site. Basketball season is in full swing; baseball players are already starting to practice; I'll have a "interest" meeting regarding girls tennis in the next two weeks; and somewhere in there are midterms, club days, yada, yada. . . I'm ready for the holiday break now. . .pirate:

Packing for tomorrow flight at 6am
Hopefully by 8am we will be on property and later at 1:30 we have a tasting at Reunion Station with a mini meet planned with Corinne and her DH
See y’all on the flip side
Sure hope I can sleep tonight:yay:

Packing for tomorrow flight at 6am
Hopefully by 8am we will be on property and later at 1:30 we have a tasting at Reunion Station with a mini meet planned with Corinne and her DH
See y’all on the flip side
Sure hope I can sleep tonight:yay:
Enjoy!!

I and my friends will be staying at VWL 10-14. If anyone else is there then, let me know and we can meet just to say hi and Merry Christmas in person, if that’s all the time we have!! 🎅

Good Morning Groupies!

We have had a whirlwind trip thus far and only got to WDW yesterday! We arrived in Sarasota on Thanksgiving Day around 2:30, enjoyed a nice beach walk and gorgeous sunset, then out for “Thanksgiving Dinner” (I’m glad we hosted a full Thanksgiving dinner on the Sunday before...there’s just nothing like being home with family IMO). Spent the next few days enjoying the beach as it was 80 both days. It’s a good thing we decided to head to Florida earlier than we initially planned, because the weather in Boston is not good, we would never have gotten out on time, if at all today!

We rented a car and drove here yesterday. Not a bad ride at all. Arrived at SSR and while our room was not ready, they did honor my Paddock request (thanks @bobbiwoz !) and upper floor. We’re literally right off the elevator! Can’t wait to see our view of the dumpster at the end of the hall at VWL! :ssst: :rolleyes1

We had a great lunch at The Boathouse. We decided to return car last night because we didn’t want to rush this AM, and then we had the shuttle driver drop us off back at DS where we walked around and finally were able to try Art Smith’s Homecoming! Oh my gosh, YUM!

We’re going to take a Lyft over to WL soon. Hoping to possibly see JT after their tasting at Reunion Station later today.

Happy Cyber Monday! PS.... I have NEVER gone a Black Friday and not purchased anything online until this year. Not sure if I will hold out on Cyber Monday, but so far nothing too exciting has appeared in my mailbox!

Great to hear from some of the Groupies checking in! Jimmy...hope you had a good flight and Corinne...thanks for the quick update on your trip so far.

I'm excited to hear from the Groupies visiting WDW. Although I miss being there, it is very nice to be able to live it vicariously through some kindred spirits who are touched in the same way by the decorations, music and grandeur of the Lodge! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter