VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Here at VWL now. Got in late last night. Didn't make any requests on the room. I think this is the first time I've ever had an even numbered room. We are at the far end of the hall and have a road/laundry cart view. It's fine though. Went to to expo this morning to pick up our race bibs and shirts. Experiencing record high temps this weekend, which makes me nervous for the race tomorrow. Hoping it won't get too hot before 9:30 in the morning. Dreading the 2:45 wake up, but so far the race experience has been fun. Something else to keep me coming back to the world(like I needed another excuse)!

Erin...glad to hear you made it in with no issues. Here's hoping the weather cooperates for a great running day tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Here at VWL now. Got in late last night. Didn't make any requests on the room. I think this is the first time I've ever had an even numbered room. We are at the far end of the hall and have a road/laundry cart view. It's fine though. Went to to expo this morning to pick up our race bibs and shirts. Experiencing record high temps this weekend, which makes me nervous for the race tomorrow. Hoping it won't get too hot before 9:30 in the morning. Dreading the 2:45 wake up, but so far the race experience has been fun. Something else to keep me coming back to the world(like I needed another excuse)!
Luv and I did the Princess Half three years ago, and we too stayed at VWL. It was perfect--not too busy and buses ran like clockwork. Best wishes for a great race and that the temps will stay low until after lunch! Go get'em!

Erin
Best wishes for a great race, the weather to cooperate and you folks to have a wonderful trip! My DW Tammy did the half 3 times over the years and I am so proud of her for doing so. Me, my knees would be aching so bad within the 1st mile, they would be picking me up off the ground. Too many years spent on the floor running baseboard has taken its toll on this ol body.
I used to run 2-3 miles a day, everyday, got fit, in the best shape of my life, then shin splits did me in! So I admire folks who can do marathons and work through the pain. More power to you:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Erin, I hope your race went well! In my prior life (I was reincarnated as an Old Fart years ago), I ran numerous marathons, halves, and other longer races. I can count on one hand the number of times the weather was good. Hope yours was.

It's Monday, Groupies, which means another week at school. HOWEVER, our school has two, 2-week sessions to help those students who need extra time to "catch up" with their studies. This is one of those times. So, the first week is the remediation time for those in need, and for those who don't, they're offered enrichment activities such as swimming, archery, art, etc. As I am directing the spring production of CLUE, I get to work with my cast on the show during the mornings. Afternoons I'll spend working on the set. The second week, you ask? No school. It's a break week.

All of that to say, guess where Luv and I will be next week? As most of you will recall, we start in VB for a few days then we'll drive over to CC for a few more. Looking forward to driving under the arches and entering the lobby of our home. Have a great week, gang!

I'm home! Left the lodge around 4:30 this a.m. to catch our early flight home. DD that's in grad school in St. Augustine came over for the weekend to run with the rest of the family, so she was our transportation to and from the airport. The race went well. I met my goal of finishing in front of the balloon ladies, so that was all I cared about! :teeth: DH started in corral C, so he started and finished way ahead of me. My daughters and I were in F. I stayed with them for less than a mile before they took off and left me. That was fine, I knew they would. We did meet up near the castle for pic before they left me again. They finished about 10 minutes before me. It was warm. When I got up at 3:00a.m. the weather app said it was still 73 degrees. I actually think it went down to about 70 before heading back up. Thankfully it was overcast the whole time I ran. About 3 minutes after I finished the sun came out. It was a great first experience for a half marathon. The only thing critical I could say about Disney is that they had Ms. America sing the national anthem on Sunday morning before the race started and she doesn't know the words!:crazy2: This history teacher was about to stroke. What is wrong with people? Ms. America? Really? You don't know the words to the national anthem of the country you represent? Oh my! Everyone standing around me was just dumbfounded.

It was painful to leave this morning, but like Sleepy, we have next week off for winter break. So, I'll teach school this week, and then we'll head back to the world for our week at Boardwalk. After scoring that room at the end of the hall at VWL for the weekend, I will be calling member services to request our standard view 1 bedroom be near the lobby. After the race yesterday and our trip to Epcot for dinner last night, I had 40,000 steps on my fitbit yesterday. With those long hallways at Boardwalk, it might be 50,000! :rolleyes1

Erin...thanks for the recap of your day and the run. Glad to hear that it sounds like the weather cooperated pretty well after all. And that's a great picture of the family!!!

In for the night at Brunswick, GA. It's our go-to stop along I-95. Normally, we make the drive in about 6.5 to 7 hours, but today it took nearly an extra hour due to rain and traffic. Charlotte is a nightmare--it's never been fun to drive through there but today was extremely onerous, as were a couple of sections of I-77 and I-26 before and after Columbia, SC. Loads of stalled cars and/or accidents. Anyway, from here, Disney is about 3.5 hours, so it's a great place to stop, not only due to distance but also amenities, namely Starbucks a block down the street from our hotel. The trip to VB in the morning will be a little longer, but not by a lot, and we're hoping for better conditions. We'll check in periodically. Have a great weekend, Groupies!

In for the night at Brunswick, GA. It's our go-to stop along I-95. Normally, we make the drive in about 6.5 to 7 hours, but today it took nearly an extra hour due to rain and traffic. Charlotte is a nightmare--it's never been fun to drive through there but today was extremely onerous, as were a couple of sections of I-77 and I-26 before and after Columbia, SC. Loads of stalled cars and/or accidents. Anyway, from here, Disney is about 3.5 hours, so it's a great place to stop, not only due to distance but also amenities, namely Starbucks a block down the street from our hotel. The trip to VB in the morning will be a little longer, but not by a lot, and we're hoping for better conditions. We'll check in periodically. Have a great weekend, Groupies!
We were stuck in that Columbus Mess as well - heavy rain, construction and accidents - the trifecta of driving woes...We drove from our house just south west of Charlotte to see our Daughter and Grand in Mt Pleasant - North East if Charleston

We were stuck in that Columbus Mess as well - heavy rain, construction and accidents - the trifecta of driving woes...We drove from our house just south west of Charlotte to see our Daughter and Grand in Mt Pleasant - North East if Charleston
Yes, those issues are the perfect "trifecta." Thankfully, we drove out of the rain by the time we hit I-95, so though the last two-plus hours were night driving, at least there wasn't a problem with weather. We slept in a bit this morning, grabbed Starbucks, and now about to head to VB. We're brimming with anticipation for our first stay there!

Good Morning Groupies!

We have been dog sitting for the last 10 days for a super adorable black lab....he is going home today and I think we’re going to miss him a lot! Ever since we told our nephew we could take him I’ve been saying this could be the impetus to us getting our own dog.

I’ve been trying to book a long weekend in Sarasota with my sister, but the airfare is just staggering. I still have not even booked our return flight from MCO in May either, as it is also pretty high.

We’re getting more snow today here in Massachusetts, with another more significant snow coming Sunday into Monday. I need spring desperately!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Sleepy....looking forward to reading your impressions of Vero Beach. We haven't tried that one yet. Have an awesome trip! :beach:

Corinne...I can see where you would get attached to a dog after caring for him for 10 days. Hopefully he isn't going too far to be able to visit him from time to time! :) :dogdance:

Good Morning Groupies!

We have been dog sitting for the last 10 days for a super adorable black lab....he is going home today and I think we’re going to miss him a lot! Ever since we told our nephew we could take him I’ve been saying this could be the impetus to us getting our own dog.

I’ve been trying to book a long weekend in Sarasota with my sister, but the airfare is just staggering. I still have not even booked our return flight from MCO in May either, as it is also pretty high.

We’re getting more snow today here in Massachusetts, with another more significant snow coming Sunday into Monday. I need spring desperately!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

I'm discovering that if you want to fly to MN in the next couple of weeks there's very cheap fares on SWA. Must be to encourage everyone to go see their record Feb snowfall. :rolleyes1

Corine flights have been so high out of Boston. I finally after stalking Jet Blue and Delta booked our return for August with Delta. I had booked our flight down in January. I really like Jet Blue and they are usually reasonable but for some reason they were super high. Delta who used to be ridiculous was much more reasonbut it still took a lot of checking daily to get decent prices. RT $338/ per person. Flying out on a Friday am and coming home midday on a Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter