VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

VWL Groupies, we are safe and sound in our house. We lost power for a bit as the hurricane passed over us at 2 am Monday morning, but we got it back the following day a bit after the curfew. We have two young trees which are bent over and our next door neighbor had a tree uprooted and leaning on his house. So we are fortunate.

Hi Everybody! We are working on our planning for next year, and plan to return to CCV from October 6-15 2018. We are looking at our booking options, and realized that we can't find any pictures of the inside of dedicated 2 bedroom CCV villas. I know the master will be the same as the lockoff, but on the second bedroom side it would be cool to see what the extra closet and bathroom configuration look like. If anybody has stayed in one of these rooms or gets to see one in the future we'd love to see pictures.

I haven't seen the second bedroom pictures in a 2BR dedicate, but if it is like VWL it will provide a bigger closet since there is no entry hallway. And of course, no kitchenette.

VWL Groupies, we are safe and sound in our house. We lost power for a bit as the hurricane passed over us at 2 am Monday morning, but we got it back the following day a bit after the curfew. We have two young trees which are bent over and our next door neighbor had a tree uprooted and leaning on his house. So we are fortunate.
So glad you and family are ok - we were worried

:offtopic: Okay, I've got some grumbling to do. I've been trying to call Member Services for 3 days to transfer some points. Wednesday and Thursday had long wait times, but they then came on with a recorded message that indicated that if I am not travelling to WDW in the next 7 days then I should hang up so they can take care of the hurricane issues. Then this morning there was a 35 minute wait (this was at 10:30 am Eastern time, so not at the opening bell) and they still don't want to talk to me.

Grrrumpy bear.jpg

If they'd just make transferring points available online then I wouldn't have to go through this. And I have to do the transaction soon as my 7 month window for a non-home resort is coming up very fast. I know they are swamped with the hurricane points mess, but with 11 month and 7 month windows opening up every day, the whole "travelling in the next 7 days" thing is really irritating.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled happy place. :)

:offtopic: Okay, I've got some grumbling to do. I've been trying to call Member Services for 3 days to transfer some points. Wednesday and Thursday had long wait times, but they then came on with a recorded message that indicated that if I am not travelling to WDW in the next 7 days then I should hang up so they can take care of the hurricane issues. Then this morning there was a 35 minute wait (this was at 10:30 am Eastern time, so not at the opening bell) and they still don't want to talk to me.

If they'd just make transferring points available online then I wouldn't have to go through this. And I have to do the transaction soon as my 7 month window for a non-home resort is coming up very fast. I know they are swamped with the hurricane points mess, but with 11 month and 7 month windows opening up every day, the whole "travelling in the next 7 days" thing is really irritating.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled happy place. :)

They won't turn you away Granny! You have an issue that needs addressing now so just give them a call.

They won't turn you away Granny! You have an issue that needs addressing now so just give them a call.

Thanks Kathy. I stuck it out (about 25 minute wait) and did get the transfer done. I told the CM about the recording telling me to hang up and she said she had quite a few comments about that.

I was just trying to respect their request to minimize phone traffic but it did underscore the need to get transfers available online. Seems like a simple enough process, but it may be more complex than I realize from a programming perspective. It was also interesting that they transferred the points from my 2018 contract points (Oct UY) to my other 2017 contract points (Feb UY). That actually works well for me but I had expected them to transfer 2018 to 2018 contract years.

Well our October 7 Fantasy cruise was changed from an Eastern Caribbean to a Western Caribbean. So thankful it wasn't cancelled! Haven't been to any of the Western ports. We can't book excursions until tomorrow as everything has had to be rescheduled. But just rolling with it all. Will be staying at my beloved lodge post cruise and have a planned meet with some groupies!!! I may be more excited about my groupie meet than my cruise!!:lovestruc

Hello everyone. I have been away again for a long period of time, missed you all and the lively conversation. I hope you all are well. I am getting crushed at work, business is good for me. I am blessed and very fortunate. Is there anything new at our lodge? I heard that WDW got hit with a lot of rain last weekend. I hope that the Villas are still in good shape. I did see some pics on FB and it appears Irma's wrath did not reach us too badly. One pic showed trees down at the boardwalk to boat launch were taken out. Did anyone hear how the Geyser Point fared with the roll down walls? They got a good test early on didn't they?

wildernessDad I am glad that you and the new house came though pretty well. Good for you. On the bright side that is probably the worst storm in a very long time, so you have that going for you. We are approaching our season in life where I may be looking to find a winter nest in the sunshine state and becoming a sno bird. Irma makes me pause, although not enough to scare me away completely.

Summer is nearly done. One week left on the calendar and then it is fall. I am golfing as much as I can as long as I can while the weather is still good here in Illinois. We are turning our attention to the Christmas trip, getting close to 90 days now. My daughter is a freshman in college and is bring a friend on this trip. He seems nice, but I am not ready for this stuff yet. Should I be concerned? Oh well, what will be, will be.

Take care everyone, and have a very nice weekend. FORE!!

In 2 weeks we'll be noshing on some F&W goodies, listening to .38 Special and waiting for Illuminations! Can't wait!!!

Thanks Kathy. I stuck it out (about 25 minute wait) and did get the transfer done. I told the CM about the recording telling me to hang up and she said she had quite a few comments about that.

I was just trying to respect their request to minimize phone traffic but it did underscore the need to get transfers available online. Seems like a simple enough process, but it may be more complex than I realize from a programming perspective. It was also interesting that they transferred the points from my 2018 contract points (Oct UY) to my other 2017 contract points (Feb UY). That actually works well for me but I had expected them to transfer 2018 to 2018 contract years.

Glad you were able to get it done Granny! I figure that really it's just trying to get people to decide if the call they are making is something that needs to be done immediately or if it can wait vs it having to do with hurricane cancellations. Frankly at this point I'd think that bubble would be done and someone just forgot to remove the message. I called but my only end result was it's in the line to be processed and nothing more they can do. I need some points out of holding by Monday - any bets?!

I've only transferred a couple of times between our UY's and then just decided to use them independently so I'm not super up on it but that doesn't sound right about the Oct 2017 points into the Feb 2017 UY. You can see the points online? I guess it doesn't matter as they keep their own UY etc. but that still sounds incorrect.

Glad you were able to get it done Granny! I figure that really it's just trying to get people to decide if the call they are making is something that needs to be done immediately or if it can wait vs it having to do with hurricane cancellations. Frankly at this point I'd think that bubble would be done and someone just forgot to remove the message. I called but my only end result was it's in the line to be processed and nothing more they can do. I need some points out of holding by Monday - any bets?!

Good luck...they should work with you on those holding points if they know that you took action in a timely manner and it was their backlog that caused them to stay there. But that probably doesn't help you if you need an 11 month or 7 month trip reservation to make Monday. Moose dust coming your way!

I've only transferred a couple of times between our UY's and then just decided to use them independently so I'm not super up on it but that doesn't sound right about the Oct 2017 points into the Feb 2017 UY. You can see the points online? I guess it doesn't matter as they keep their own UY etc. but that still sounds incorrect.

So, I went to the member site to check on my points, and I got this:

working on it.JPG

Sheesh! o_O

Well our October 7 Fantasy cruise was changed from an Eastern Caribbean to a Western Caribbean. So thankful it wasn't cancelled! Haven't been to any of the Western ports. We can't book excursions until tomorrow as everything has had to be rescheduled. But just rolling with it all. Will be staying at my beloved lodge post cruise and have a planned meet with some groupies!!! I may be more excited about my groupie meet than my cruise!!:lovestruc

How true! It's fun to meet Groupies!:)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Hello everyone. I have been away again for a long period of time, missed you all and the lively conversation. I hope you all are well. I am getting crushed at work, business is good for me. I am blessed and very fortunate. Is there anything new at our lodge? I heard that WDW got hit with a lot of rain last weekend. I hope that the Villas are still in good shape. I did see some pics on FB and it appears Irma's wrath did not reach us too badly. One pic showed trees down at the boardwalk to boat launch were taken out. Did anyone hear how the Geyser Point fared with the roll down walls? They got a good test early on didn't they?

wildernessDad I am glad that you and the new house came though pretty well. Good for you. On the bright side that is probably the worst storm in a very long time, so you have that going for you. We are approaching our season in life where I may be looking to find a winter nest in the sunshine state and becoming a sno bird. Irma makes me pause, although not enough to scare me away completely.

Summer is nearly done. One week left on the calendar and then it is fall. I am golfing as much as I can as long as I can while the weather is still good here in Illinois. We are turning our attention to the Christmas trip, getting close to 90 days now. My daughter is a freshman in college and is bring a friend on this trip. He seems nice, but I am not ready for this stuff yet. Should I be concerned? Oh well, what will be, will be.

Take care everyone, and have a very nice weekend. FORE!!

Hey Greg...nice to have you drop us a line! Glad to hear you are enjoying your summer, and that business is good. Sounds like you have a nice holiday trip planned to WDW. As for daughter's friends....well, one of my daughters is getting married in three weeks. I can tell you this...you'll never be "ready for this stuff". :)

That is good news. I wonder how they managed it. It hard to get into ports at last minute as they berths are usually full.

In 2 weeks we'll be noshing on some F&W goodies, listening to .38 Special and waiting for Illuminations! Can't wait!!!

I saw .38 Special at last year's festival. Loved them! This year I'm getting no one good. :sad2: I really would love to see Jeffrey Osbourne, but every year he never is there on my dates. :sad1: Have a great trip!

I'm not going to bore any Groupies with my continuing point transfer saga. Let's just say that I had no idea how challenging it was to not only make a transfer of points but also to use them. Didn't know you can't use them for online reservations. :headache:

I saw .38 Special at last year's festival. Loved them! This year I'm getting no one good.

Julie...we seem to run into this every trip for F&G and F&W. But I will say that we have been pleasantly surprised sometimes when we go see someone who we have no interest in, only to find that they put on a good show. Hopefully that will work out for you.

Good luck...they should work with you on those holding points if they know that you took action in a timely manner and it was their backlog that caused them to stay there. But that probably doesn't help you if you need an 11 month or 7 month trip reservation to make Monday. Moose dust coming your way!

Thanks Granny! IT issue where they couldn't unlink a reservation to allow me to modify it. 4 calls and 1 email later with lots of hold time and being told yesterday that there was nothing they could do - I'd just have to wait - the points are now out of holding as of an hour ago. Whew! I had been assured no problem at all and a couple of CM's had told me they'd be able to remove them from holding immediately once things were unlinked by IT. Then, when things were all straightened out the CM said they had to submit the request on up the line and it could be 10-14 days. :headache: Ah well, it's fixed and I can get the reservation I need for my niece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter