VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

During the last refurb of BR, I'm pretty sure Disney added in some Bambi throw pillows.
Those were gone fast.
I never got the chance to see one other than here in pics and now on ebay

I guess I need to hold a lower opinion of my fellow DVC owners then.
Oh, no, no, no. Don't you know it's only renters that do things like that? Owners would never! At least according to some on the boards here, for whom renters are the cause of all problems, most prominently the lack of availability for the lowest-cost studios four months before the most popular times of year.

Since we had a non-refurbed room that was scheduled to be worked on the day we checked out - I was soooo tempted to ‘accidentally’ pack the Bambi pillows - but I didn’t…I’m just too much of a goody two shoes 😜

I once bought a large window frame style print from the refurbished BWV resort on eBay. Paid around $100 for it. Thing arrived and is honking huge. Didn't look that big over the sofa in the resort room, LOL. Thankfully my house has a large wall it could adorn, but my plans to put it in my bedroom were uprooted.

As for taking anything, I admit to "accidentally" bringing home two facecloths one very hot humid August. I put them in a ziplocks with ice - needed them to stay cool while waiting for our bus to come. It was like 100 out there and I'd have passed out without them. That was like a decade back and I still have the facecloths to this day - tried to keep them clean, love the castle tag.

One other odd thing that came home with us: a cafeteria tray in my 10 year old son's luggage. (Me: "Dude. Really?" *Son's eyes light up*)

Last edited:
I was thinking this same thing!!! LOL!!!
If housekeeping simply snapped a photo of each made up room and uploaded with the app they use to mark rooms ready, they’d know exactly when something line that disappeared, and Shinto charge.

Obviously no idea if that’s possible, but it would be effective.

I guess I need to hold a lower opinion of my fellow DVC owners then.
I did not mean to imply disappeared because they are taken. Because they are placed out for a certain look and then retracted by whomever decides these things. The thing gets dirty? Pull it and don't replace it.

I did not mean to imply disappeared because they are taken. Because they are placed out for a certain look and then retracted by whomever decides these things. The thing gets dirty? Pull it and don't replace it.
Well, again, they seem perfectly capable of keeping 1,000 sets clean and in the rooms at DLH. I've never seen a room without a set any time in the past 10 years.

Whether the ones in WDW are stolen, dirtied and pulled from service and never cleaned or replaced, or arbitrarily removed by hotel staff, Disneyland seems not to suffer the same challenges.

Last edited:
Well, again, they seem perfectly capable of keeping 1,000 sets clean and in the rooms at DLH. I've never seen a room without a set any time in the past 10 years.

Whether the ones in WDW are stolen, dirtied and pulled from service and never cleaned or replaced, or arbitrarily removed by hotel staff, Disneyland seems not to suffer the same challenges.
It would not be that they couldn't keep pillows at DisneyWorld. Or bedrunners. And they do in some cases. In other cases it's conspicuously been during it's sales period. Hotel vs timeshare isn't a great comparison. And that's back to my original post about this. Hotel.

Last edited:
If housekeeping simply snapped a photo of each made up room and uploaded with the app they use to mark rooms ready, they’d know exactly when something line that disappeared, and Shinto charge.

Obviously no idea if that’s possible, but it would be effective.
While that is possible, and a version of this action is used by housekeepers when they find something broken or dangerous, Disney won't resort to such tactics due to the storm of criticism it might bring. Besides, there are so many CMs that have access to rooms prior to, during, and after a visit by a guest, it could easily be argued by said guest that someone other than they took the item. It would be unwieldy and hard to implement without causing a kerfuffle. pirate:

To those on trips and at the parks, be sure to make use of the extended evening hours if available. They are very crowded for the first hour or so, but well worth attending once the pack thins out. My daughter and I hit several walk ons including Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion.

I felt bad that the value & moderate resorts are no longer included, particularly since they pay the same park pass rate as everyone else, but prior to this I was avoiding the EMH due to over crowding.

Last edited:
To those on trips and at the parks, be sure to make use of the extended evening hours if available. They are very crowded for the first hour or so, but well worth attending once the pack thins out. My daughter and I hit several walk ons including Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion.

I felt bad that the value resorts are no longer included, particularly since they pay the same park pass rate as everyone else, but prior to this I was avoiding the EMH due to over crowding.
I agree - Weds EMH at MK was crowded at first and then the park was pretty much empty for the last hr to hr and half when we were there early Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter