VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Jimmy I can tell you that in the automotive repair business, getting parts is a nightmare as well. My husband said the other day if he heard the words "supply chain issues" one more time that day he was going to lose it! Keeping employees is a battle as well in this industry. Hope things improve for us all soon. :sunny:

Me too!! I have heard every excuse under the sun, and most of my materials arrive through a 3rd party, so it takes all the longer to receive. The only thing I can buy at almost a moments notice is lumber from a local dealer, and hardware from Amazon, which I much prefer to purchase from local, but they dont stock, or Lowes, which they dont keep in stock. I dont get that as we would be spending around $8000 a month on hardware if our local Lowes would see through the corporate mud to furnish hardware. Oh well:confused3

Did anyone else see the news today that Iger may be returning as CEO? I'm not sure if that would help things return to "normal" or not. Hoping 2022 keeps heading upwards.

Casey was telling me this. I cant say it would be a bad thing, but if it happens, is it just another way for Disney and Iger to put a temporary fix on a much longer lingering issue? You know how Iger stepped back in during the pandemic briefly to help Chapek out, is it another one of those deals, more permanent, or long enough to step another in the role? My personal feelings, Josh D'Amaro(SP), SlyDog's new friend would be a good fit. He has interest in the parks, the CMs love him, as a cousin shared with me who was a CM, most CMs have all good things to say about him. If invested in the CMs, they in turn will be happier and the customer will be happier, IMO. As you can tell, not one of Chapek fans here. I do think he deserves a chance to fit in elsewhere within the company, just not at the top. But if he does stay, will he resent his demotion?

@tgropp...We won't be at WDW at that time, but I wanted to thank you for your kind offer. The tree looks great! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Where were these pictures taken Sleepy? I don't recognize that view........:scratchin
;)

:eeyore:

:rotfl2:
KAT, its a very rare spot near Wilderness Lodge, only said to be spotted from time to time by weary travelers who have come from afar from Fantasy lands, the ol Frontier, lands of Adventure and lands of the future. It is said, if you ask for this rare view, its not likely to get it when staying in the Old Lodge. Rather, beg for them not to get you anywhere near the water, as reverse psychology does the trick.

My DH works for a top auto manufacturer on the service side of things. They have him traveling weekly to be hands on with suppliers who are struggling. His job is to help them resolve their issues. Right now, he's helping with mass production (current year) parts as well. It's been a serious battle keeping manufacturing lines running. Every phone call, every supplier visit he hears the same thing; they can't find and keep employees or they can't get components that go into their parts. Right now, it's a 30 day wait for ships sitting offshore in CA. Then they can't find trucks/drivers to deliver parts to plants. It's a mess.

Love the pictures! Keep them coming, please! We won't get to our much loved Lodge until September so for now, I'll just have to live vicariously thru you all!

I just wanted to stop by and wish you all a Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate this time of year. Wishing you all health, happiness and pixie dust in 2022!!

Hi Groupies! Been insanely busy and haven’t made it over here in a long while. We are at VWL now, got here on the 19th, leaving on the 26th. Got lucky with a 5th floor 1BR dedicated with pool/lake view close to elevators.

Wanted to share a Genie+ success story to hopefully help others. On, Wednesday it was extra magic hours for MK for Deluxe resort folks from 11PM to 1AM so we opted for a late arrival to take advantage. At any rate, I booked LL’s starting at 7AM, and continued throughout. We arrived at 3PM and here’s what we accomplished in order: Tiki room, Pirates (LL #4), BTMR(LL #2), Country Bear Jamboree, Jingle Cruise(LL #1), Speedway, Philharmagic, Small World, 7DMT(LL - Paid), Plaza 7:50 dining reservation which kept us waiting and we got to see entire fireworks show), Barnstormer(LL #6), Dumbo(LL #7), Ariel, Had Pooh LL but it went down so they gave a LL to be used most anywhere, Teacups, Pooh comes back up so we walk on, Carousel, Peter Pan (LL #3), Haunted Mansion (LL #5), now it’s 11PM so 7DMT, Space Mountain 2X, Astro Orbiter, Buzz Lightyear, and then boat back to lodge and bed. We actually got tired and we’re home by 1AM.

Anyways, Genie + seemed best at MK, it was OK at Studios, less so at EPCOT as the attractions are just so far apart. And I didn’t bother with it at AK as the rain had me running solo as my troops bailed due to the weather. Got to say you haven’t lived until you’ve done Expedition Everest 4X in a row in the rain (pelting you so hard it stings).

I’ll attach a picture from my balcony for Kat. Merry Christmas to all!
DA52E414-1886-45EA-97B9-3F7E612B4A2F.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Groupies! Been insanely busy and haven’t made it over here in a long while. We are at VWL now, got here on the 19th, leaving on the 26th. Got lucky with a 5th floor 1BR dedicated with pool/lake view close to elevators.
Hey Ron
Dont say too much bout that Lakeview, it makes a certain KAT a bit jealous and we dont want to stir that pot too much:duck::goodvibes

Anywho, sounds like you folks are having a good trip! Thanks so much for your frank observation of Genie+ and LL. We used something similar on our trip to DL and CA and found it to be really a good fit for us. The additional costs for LL attractions IMO, is a bit of a money grab, and I really hope they will back off that eventually

Lots going on around our home here so close to Christmas. We have 3 meals planned, starting tonight, followed by Christmas AM and PM. In addition, we got a call yesterday AM, my BIL, his DW, 3 kids and a dog have joined our clan as they were awoke to smoke in the home yesterday. An electrical box caught fire in the crawl space and luckily their son was up taking dog out and woke his folks saying there was smoke in home. They all got out safely, only smoke damage to be had, but firefighters cut power to home and they are staying with us until all the issues get resolved. Scary part, smoke detectors didnt kick in. Firefighters told them it was a good thing it didnt happen at 2 am or could have resulted in different scene.

In case I cant get back here tomorrow I want to say Merry Christmas To You All!!

Lots going on around our home here so close to Christmas. We have 3 meals planned, starting tonight, followed by Christmas AM and PM. In addition, we got a call yesterday AM, my BIL, his DW, 3 kids and a dog have joined our clan as they were awoke to smoke in the home yesterday. An electrical box caught fire in the crawl space and luckily their son was up taking dog out and woke his folks saying there was smoke in home. They all got out safely, only smoke damage to be had, but firefighters cut power to home and they are staying with us until all the issues get resolved. Scary part, smoke detectors didnt kick in. Firefighters told them it was a good thing it didnt happen at 2 am or could have resulted in different scene.

In case I cant get back here tomorrow I want to say Merry Christmas To You All!!

Jimmy...I'm glad that your BIL and family made it out of their house okay. Even with this pandemic making a mess of our Christmas plans, in the end we realize how blessed we are and that our family has not had serious complications/hospitalizations due to COVID. And in case I don't make it by tomorrow....

Christmas.gif

May God's blessings find each of you filled with happiness and peace. :)

So happy that everyone is safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter