VR - using photographer other than Disneys

PeteInKC

Earning My Ears
Hey all,
I'm looking for a little assistance, if possible. I'm trying to surprise my wife with a VR at the wedd. pavillion this summer. (20th wedd. anniversary). In looking at the photo packages that FTW sent me, they're all $$$$$$$, especially for a 15 minute ceremony and short cake-cutting to follow. I contacted Jane at Gifts of a Lifetime to see if she was available. She wrote back that disney doesn't allow any photographers other than their own at the wedd. pavillion.

Can any of you confirm this? Thanks to all. I've gotta be on a budget to keep this a secret, and paying $700.00 for about 1 hour of photos seems outrageous.

I appreciate any assistance I can get.

If they don't, that's a recent change. We didn't get married at the WP, but I know of many brides who did and used non-Disney photographers or videographers. Call your sales manager - I think Jane has it wrong.

Just got a response/clarification from jane at gifts of lifetime. Although Disney "allows" outside photographers to work these events, they require the outside photographer to take out an additional $2 million insurance rider to work within the pavillion....

Seems mighty sneaky to me...

There are several photogs who work the Disney circuit. We used Randy Chapman and we'd recommend him again in a second, but there are others. The insurance policy is something rather new, but it doesn't seem to have cut down too much on your options.
Check www.yourfairytale.com and the Disneymooners' list on Yahoo! Groups for more details.
G'luck,
Andrew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter