VQs- how long?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
So generally, just how long are these VQs for Tron and GotG if you land one? I read that those could still command a hour long wait once you show up.

I find that it varies A LOT for Guardians. On average, I've waited 20-30 minutes though there have been occasions where the wait was 50-60 minutes and others where I almost walk right into the preshow. The VQ wait is definitely longer in the late afternoon/early evening time and I think it's because since Guardians isn't strict on your return time, people who grabbed VQ spots at 7 am are coming in at that time.

No idea about Tron as I only rode it via the AP preview but that line was an hour from scanning in to getting on the ride.

The one time I timed Tron it was 45 min and I think it was about that time for Guardians too. My guess is that they’re aiming for a 45 min to an hour line.

I have had GOTG vary from 20 minutes to 45 minutes once I scanned my MB & enter the line to when I am on the ride seated.

Haven't ridden Tron yet.

Last edited:
It really depends on time of day and even time of year. I've been to GoTG when it was a walk on and I've been when I had to wait maybe 45 min. The one time I've ridden Tron so far it was about a 10 min. wait, that was in early April this year. If it is "slow" season the waits will be less.

Piggybacking on this question - will CMs be able to give an estimate of how long the wait is when you go in to check in for your boarding group? It'll be just us two adults with our toddler, and since we'll have to ride one at a time we're probably gonna want to try and avoid being separated for upwards of an hour even if it means bypassing the option of VQ in favor of ILL. I'd still try to give VQs a try though.

I waited an hour in the virtual queue for Tron during the extended evening hours for deluxe resort guests in June.

I also waited an hour for Guardians, also in June, but a year ago.

I think estimating an hour for both is about right. If it's less you won't be disappointed.

Just did Tron twice and Guardians once this past week. Tron was like 35 minutes once. 15-20 the second. Guardians was about 15-20 as well. Went late afternoon to evening for all three VQs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter