Vow Renewal Thread !!!

Are your close family & friends willing to spend the money for a VR?

Well, no one (except our five month old son) was at our original city hall ceremony *and* we have several Disney lovers in our extended family. So I think we may have a few people willing to come.

Then again, dh has a very fractured family and I can totally see a bunch of "well, if they are coming, I won't come" responses. :rolleyes: So who knows! It's their loss.

:) Michele

Question for all you VR's who are inviting people. We had an impossible time trying to get people to agree to go to a WDW wedding which is why we didn't end up having it there - which like I said was a bad choice. It was my day and I should have had what I wanted. But with a VR, I think people would be even less inclined to travel to just celebrate a VR and wedding anniversary. Are your close family & friends willing to spend the money for a VR? [/QUOTE]

Considering we didn't have anyone come to our original courthouse 'ceremony' except for my father, the people in our lives are a little more willing to travel. I will probably have one or two coming over from England and about five or six from NY.

BTW - I keep seeing the name "Randy Chapman".. can someone fill me in on who this guy is and how he is related to Disney Weddings? Thanks princess:

I am so glad this thread was started!!!! After a very problematic DFTW due to certain individuals who will remain nameless, DH & I are looking to have one. Long story!
Happy planning to everyone!:banana:

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating?..... it will actually be my 40th Birthday, but we will have been married over 11 months.

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? ..... I wanted a DFTW when we married, but Nigel wanted to have all his family (elderly grandparents etc) there so we had to stay in the UK. However, we made an 'agreement' that I could have a VR for my 40th B'day as 'compensation';)

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash?....Intimate, but with a few 'extra's' - Cinderella's coach and Mickey & Minnie. There will be us, my dad and step-mum, FIL, MIL, SIL, BIL and nephew (33 months)

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? ....waiting to see if we got Tuesday December 11th

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? ....the wedding pavilion. I loved it everytime we passed by it, so on our last visit (Dec '02) we had a quick 'unoficial' visit inside and I cried as it was even better than I expected inside!

Will you be including children in your ceremony? .... we don't have children (thru' choice!)

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one?.....will be wearing my original gown as I designed it and had it tailor made for me. I am thinking of adding pearl 'hidden Mickey's' to the full skirt to give it a bit more of a Disney feel. Still have a lot of weight to lose to fit into it, but it's something to aim for!

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? ....1900 Park Fare at the GF so we can have photo's with Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Fairy Godmother!

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself?.... just a Wishes cruise after dinner at 1900 PF

BTW - I keep seeing the name "Randy Chapman".. can someone fill me in on who this guy is and how he is related to Disney Weddings? Thanks princess:

Randy is an outside photographer who is used by many Disney brides. He is much cheaper than Disney, you get 100's of photo's but best of all, he includes a high res disc of all your photo's so you can print them off yourself (which saves LOADS of money!!). He always has wonderful reviews by all who have used him. Take a look at his site, and search on here for threads mentioning him - there will be a lot!

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 25 wonderful years...

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? Our original wedding was a low-key civil ceremony and this time we wanted a romantic, yet relaxed ceremony that would be meaningful to us. Plus we love Disney...

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? Intimate with a couple of extras...

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? September 27th 2007 - our wedding anniversary is on September 23rd so it fits nicely...

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? Deck 7 on DCL Magic - we felt renewing on the Western Caribbean cruise would be v romantic...

Will you be including children in your ceremony? No - much as we love our 3 children, we wanted to do this just for us. Maybe if we plan another renewal in the future...

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? New, definitely - my original outfit was a cheap 80's affair! Hoping to look a little more glam this time but haven't decided on style yet...

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Cake and champagne on deck followed by a meal at Palo's - adult only restaurant on the Magic...

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? We're planning a beach massage, spa treatments and plenty of together time...

Of course the only blot (or should I say blob!) on the landscape is the need to lose a few pounds before the big day! Anyone else in that situation - maybe we could spur each other on? :)

Randy is an outside photographer who is used by many Disney brides. He is much cheaper than Disney, you get 100's of photo's but best of all, he includes a high res disc of all your photo's so you can print them off yourself (which saves LOADS of money!!). He always has wonderful reviews by all who have used him. Take a look at his site, and search on here for threads mentioning him - there will be a lot!

Thanks for all the info and links.. I checked out his website, but the basic package (around $600) was a bit confusing.. does he put together a wedding binder/portfolio whatever its called? Does it include any prints or is it just the disk?

Anyone else in that situation

:rolleyes1

Yep! I've decided that tomorrow I get back on the treadmill. And quit buying Starbucks Frappuccinos :sad2: and Dairy Queen Blizzards :sad2: .

Of course the only blot (or should I say blob!) on the landscape is the need to lose a few pounds before the big day! Anyone else in that situation - maybe we could spur each other on? :)

ohf course we can help each other...I actually starteda thread called "fit for the fairytale"...if you want there was a bunch of stuff there & all we need to do to revive it is to start posting again.

Good luck & welcome aboard
:goodvibes

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating?20 years Jan. 2008

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal?Love the Mouse...DVC Members, Honeymooned there, always wanted to do the Disney Cruise

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash?Semi-small...5 or so families approx. 20 of us.

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony?Jan. 24th, 2008

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it?Disney Magic

Will you be including children in your ceremony?Our 6y.o. will be the "ring-boy" and our friend's daughter will be the flower girl

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one?Alas, if only I could fit in my original....so I bought a new one.

Where will you be having your dinner/reception?Palo

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself?Spa, martinis, spa, martinis, and of course, the spa:cool1:

We are so thrilled to go, it should be fantastic. Thanks for letting me share.

Cheryl

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 25th

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? Both of us love WDW and we couldn't imagine having it anywhere else!

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? Small intimate ceremony, probably no more than 8-10 guests.

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? 2009 - our actual anniversary date is 16 January, but we'll probably wait until April/May so we can celebrate our 50th birthdays at the same time!

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? SBP. Visited the site and took pics last April. Its beautiful! We love the Epcot resorts area.

Will you be including children in your ceremony? Yes, DD6 and DS12.

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one?Definitely a new one, original one was cheap and nasty! Going to get something I like this time!

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Not sure yet.

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? Not sure yet, but probably.

Next year, we'll celebrate our 20th. We would love to do a vow renewal at DW. I would love to have a Jack Sparrow look-alike "official" at our renewal. I could just see/hear him with a bottle of rum in one hand. "Do you take this wench forver? Savvy?" and then he takes a swig. What fun that would be!
I'm not much of the princess type. As my whole family says, I'm VERY much like Mulan, not Cinderalla. (I'd rescue my man. Not wait to get rescued.":yay:

Great thread.. I am planning to have my parents 30th VR at Disney July 2009, but I am not completely sure where.. So this will help me out...:surfweb:

I am so happy to see this thread!

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 25th

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? We love Disney!

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? custom with about 50 people.

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? 12-6-07

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? WP, it is so beautiful.

Will you be including children in your ceremony? no

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? Buying new if I can find something.

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Isola Terrace at Epcot. We are having a buffet and Illuminations Dessert party.

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? Not sure, but I would like to do something for the girls the day before. Has anyone done a lunch? What about the Mad Hatter Tea Party?

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 10th

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? Our family loves WDW!

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? That depends entirely on how many people are willing to travel to WDW. Hopefully a custom!

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? November 20, 2008

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? Yacht Club Gazebo. DH stayed at the YC last fall and really liked it.

Will you be including children in your ceremony? Yes! Maybe a sand ceremony?

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? My original attire was a borrowed dress for a city hall ceremony! Definitely a new dress! But it will not be a wedding gown.

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Hoping to have a small reception at the UK upper terrace and then watch Illuminations.

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? I'd love to, but I don't if there's $ for that.

Just had to respond. I just started looking into a vow renewal ceremony and your wedding date is the same for our 10th anniversary!

Amy

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating?
10th
Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal?
We are both huge Disney fanatics. If we had the money and the knowledge we would have had our first wedding there.
Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash?
We're doing a small escape ceremony.
What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony?
June 14th, 2007
What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it?
Wedding Pavillion. We wanted the Boardwalk area, but it was already booked for the time we wanted and DH didn't like the Yacht club gazebo.
Will you be including children in your ceremony?
Yes, we have 2 DD's, 7 & 1. We're also having friends with their children.
Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one?
I wish I could fit into my original dress. But I plan on buying a less formal dress that will be much more comfortable in Florida in June than my first was.
Where will you be having your dinner/reception?
1900 Park Fare with Cinderella and friends.
Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself?
No, it's just a short weekend trip.

Great fun thread!!!!

Well, havent even started planning next years 5 yr anniversary trip...Our DD was born on the same day!!! 3 years later!! June 28:)
We will do a Vow Renewal for 10 years....
Congrats to all the Brides!!! New or returning:)

We're celebrating our 10th anniv with a DFTVR in 2009. We want Nov since that's when we had our original ceremony. I have no idea where, so many places are beautiful. DH decided we were going to it last week and started telling our families. All of them want to go to WDW so getting them there won't be a problem. We had our hunnymoon at WDW, all 17 of us........ Long story short, my family drove 1500 miles for our first wedding and my mm said she wsn't going to drive all the way to the FL/GA border and turn around to geo home. She took almost 2 week off work and took my youngest siblings out fo school so they could all be there and celebrate with us. I've always wanted a DFTW but we couldn't afford it. Our families were so good to us, the only thing we had professionally made was our cake. I wore a white lace off the rack dress I had bought a few years before. My wedding was at a georgous chapel in St Simon's Island, GA and we were vey happy with the way everything turned out. This time around, we're settled and have lots of time to plan and want to do the big bash.

I've been loooking around on the Wishebook site and it said the min is $10,000. Is that true for VR too? If it is, it's a good thing we have more than 2 yrs to put this together. I thought I read in a gude book (UG?) that VRs can be as little as $3,500.:confused3 Maybe I imagined it......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter