Vow Renewal Questions?!?

r3ngels

<font color=darkorchid>I am a bit odd! But in a cu
Hi Guys, I am just starting to do research on Vow Renewal Ceremonies at Disney. My hubby and I will be married 20 years in July. We will be at Disney on our Anniversary so the thought just came to me to surprise him with a vow renewal. I want it just our daughters (18,15,13). I don't want it too fancy or spend too much money. Questions...

Do you have to go through Disney?

If you don't go through Disney can reserve the Boardwalk?( The gazebo area)

Any other tips?

And if I decide not to do the renewal what would you do to make the night special?

Thanks

If you are going to be doing something obviously a wedding, then you are going to have to go through Disney if you do it in any public area. Now say you want to take a more secluded area in a resort, join hands and say a couple of nice words to each other (keeping out of the way of other guests) and then take a few photos with the kids, you could probably do it. But if you wanted something formal with flowers and a photographer, well, that could be an issue. Disney is quite protective of it's wedding department. You could rent the gazebo out through Disney Catered Events (probably) for a dinner or something, if you wanted to go that route, but I'm not sure what your budget would be.
People always mention the Swan/Dolphin as an alternative, but I've looked and for a party your size, you are not saving any money at all going through them as opposed to an onsite Disney vow renewal.
I'm celebrating my 20th this year as well. We did a Wishes VR for our 10th and I can't swing another one for this year, unfortunately. We're going to Victoria and Albert's, but I don't know if that'll work for you as you have your kids along.
Some other ideas include ordering a cake (there's a cake thread in the restaurant section), booking a fireworks cruise (that's super romantic, we did that after our vow renewal), taking a carriage ride, maybe sending the girls off on their own for the night (since they're teens) and going out to dinner just the two of you? There's romantic restaurants in several price ranges. I found it really romantic to stroll the Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach Club areas at night after dinner. But the beaches in the Grand Floridan/Polynesian area are nice as well.
Congratulations!

I don't want it too fancy or spend too much money.
. . . if going through Disney, this is not possible
. . . Disney-VR and not-too-much-money is an oxymoron

Do you have to go through Disney?
. . . you are supposed to
. . . WDW makes Big Bucks for weddings and VR's, and does not want to lose any revenue

If you don't go through Disney can reserve the Boardwalk?( The gazebo area)
. . . not for your own VR ceremony

Any other tips?
. . . there are many officiants and ministers that can perform marriages and VR's
. . . however, we are not able to use Disney venues

And if I decide not to do the renewal what would you do to make the night special?
. . . go off-site and do a VR
. . . there are many places that are scenic
. . . then, a special dinner off-site
. . . reasonable pricing and just as pleasant

A fireworks cruise.

The Memories package is under $3000, which I was looking at as well, but now I'm opting for the Escape. It's nothing fancy, but you get to wear your gown & the girls could get dressed up as well.

I don't know if you could do something private in your room as far as a ceremony? If you could do this, get at least a 1 bedroom DVC room if you can swing it. If we did the Memories package, we were going to do
an in room celebration. Basically we all meet in our room, and have cake & stuff.

Lots of dining options. You just need to think outside the box & don't do something that's going to get you in trouble with Disney.

We were married on the Disney Magic and this year we are going to be at the Beach Club for our anniversary. We have a firworks cruise planned at MK with private dining provided by the Contemporary for one night; going to La Nouba and then dinner at Victoria and Albert's another night; the all day Behind the Magic tour of all the parks another day; dinner at Jiko another night; dinner at Yachtsman another night.

We were married on the Disney Magic and this year we are going to be at the Beach Club for our anniversary. We have a firworks cruise planned at MK with private dining provided by the Contemporary for one night; going to La Nouba and then dinner at Victoria and Albert's another night; the all day Behind the Magic tour of all the parks another day; dinner at Jiko another night; dinner at Yachtsman another night.
Were is the private dining at Contemporary. I saw pics of the one at GF.

Sorry, yes, the fireworks cruise is being catered by private dining at the Contemporary. Not a formal dinner, as the cruises are on pontoon boats unless you pay for the yacht. The staff at private dining was so nice when I called and we discussed alternatives for a party of just 2. I booked the fireworks cruise about a month ago, and I was surprised there was availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter