• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Volcano Bay Questions

robl45

DIS Veteran
We haven't been to Volcano bay since 2019. When we did go, we were staying on site and boarded the bus for early access. This time the daughter and I will likely get annual passes and probably not be staying up there. So the questions.

Does the Tapu tapu still allow you to tap into the aqua coaster and into another ride at the same time?

I understand that if not staying at the hotel, we have to park at city walk and then take a bus over to the park. If we get there at like 11 or noon, I assume we won't find seats but we aren't really seat people so not a huge deal. We are happy to leave our bag/towel whatever in the seating area. I"m assuming it won't get stolen. Never had issue before. So if we get there around this time, are will still going to be able to get on the rides or is it pretty much you have to get there at the opening? I know the aqua coaster and the drop slides get long lines, haven't been up the volcano except once with my son, but my daugher would probably want to try it now.

I went to Volcano Bay 2 weeks ago and will be going back the first weekend in June.

You can only tap into 1 slide at a time with the Tapu Tapu. So if you tap into Krakatau, you cannot tap into anything else unless the slide is a ride now.

I got there during early park admission since I was staying at a Universal hotel but the park was super crowded by lunch time. Not a lot of seats available but you can probably find one chair to put all of your stuff down on. Krakatau hit capacity for the day around 2 pm. Highest I saw for the drop slide was 100 minutes. Honu and Ika Moana went up to 90 in the afternoon. If you're going during a super busy time, there is a possibility of the park hitting capacity and they're no longer letting guests in. I think people with dated tickets and hotel guests get priority for entering when Volcano Bay is at capacity but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter