VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Hello everyone! Visiting Universal for the 1st time end of March. Trip will be for my family of 4, 2 adults and kids 13, 15. We will be spending 1 day at Volcano Bay and have a few questions:

1) Don't see hours listed yet but will be going to VB on a Sunday and won't be able to arrive until about 11 am and seems most days it closes at 5 pm. I know we won't be able to do everything but in that amount of time should we be able to still enjoy?

2) If we don't do premium seating (looking at the prices don't think I want to spend the $$ there) because of arriving later will we even be able to find seats?

3) When we leave VB if we want to go to City Walk for dinner do we have to take the shuttle back to the parking or can we walk there?

@BroadwayHermione5 covered things well. I wanted to add a couple things:

- At the end of March, the park could possibly close at 6:00 or even 7:00. When you see a park close of 5:00 pm, that’s usually for non-peak days. Usually in March, and especially if it’s a weekend, the park might close a bit later than 5:00.

- It might be harder to find seating arriving later in the day, but you should be able to find seating towards the back of the park if the front is crowded. There is a path that goes from the smoking section (near Whakawaiwai Eats) to the entrance of Maku Puihi where there are lounge chairs scattered throughout.

- The walk to CityWalk is long but could be done. To get to that walkway to CW, after leaving VB, you would have to go through the Cabana Bay or Aventura gates.

We booked a Cabana for 5 people in March. I just found out two more family members will be going to the park that day. Do they increase the price if there are 6 people instead of 5? If we end up with 7 is that allowed?

How crowded has Volcano Bay typically been in the winter months? Especially on days when it’s less than 80 degrees out. Just curious to know what to potentially expect in terms of crowds if I visit on a day when it’s in the 70s, and whether I’d see a noticeable difference if I visit on a weekend vs a weekday. Thanks!

How crowded has Volcano Bay typically been in the winter months? Especially on days when it’s less than 80 degrees out. Just curious to know what to potentially expect in terms of crowds if I visit on a day when it’s in the 70s, and whether I’d see a noticeable difference if I visit on a weekend vs a weekday. Thanks!

Those are the best times for low crowd levels.

I still feel like even with weather in the 70s or lower, the weekdays might be slightly less busier.

Has anyone heard of an upper cabana cost at $780? We called for 4/20 and were told only upper available…for $780. My other question is, does it make sense to book and then keep calling to check availability and see if the price changes? I feel like this is an insane cost.

Has anyone heard of an upper cabana cost at $780? We called for 4/20 and were told only upper available…for $780. My other question is, does it make sense to book and then keep calling to check availability and see if the price changes? I feel like this is an insane cost.
Wow! I just booked an upper and a lower (family cabanas were both taken for my dates) on a Tuesday in September - cost for both the upper and lower was $199 (each). That’s a huge price difference!

Wow! I just booked an upper and a lower (family cabanas were both taken for my dates) on a Tuesday in September - cost for both the upper and lower was $199 (each). That’s a huge price difference!

There is a huge difference in crowds in September versus a day in April near Easter. I think prices have increased for the same day before due to demand, but I don't know if prices ever decrease.

There is a huge difference in crowds in September versus a day in April near Easter. I think prices have increased for the same day before due to demand, but I don't know if prices ever decrease.
$780 for a family cabana?

Just booked a family cabana for 10/17. The person I initially spoke to said most of June/July and August were already booked up for cabanas. I was quoted $799 for Sunday 10/16 and $599 for Monday or Tuesday 10/17-18 for the family cabana. I believe the smaller ones were still $449 for the week day. $499 for the Sunday. Weekends are obviously more expensive and it seems that there is certainly a demand for them right now.

Just booked a preferred seating area for $213 for Easter Sunday. A single cabana was quoted to me for $789. I got it purely for early entry (we are offsite). However someone just wrote on other board that early entry only 30 min. Is this correct? I couldn’t fathom getting the express passes. They were $119 each

Just booked a preferred seating area for $213 for Easter Sunday. A single cabana was quoted to me for $789. I got it purely for early entry (we are offsite). However someone just wrote on other board that early entry only 30 min. Is this correct? I couldn’t fathom getting the express passes. They were $119 each
Yes, it's technically only 30 minutes. It's listed on the website. However, they could open earlier if they are expecting crowds. You can get a lot done in that 30 minutes. I would rather stay at an onsite hotel though to get early entry, then to pay ~$800 for a cabana, unless I wanted a cabana. We have done the premium seating every time and have enjoyed it.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/early-park-admission

We have not been to Volcano Bay. The park map seems a bit confusing. I don't think its necessary (or is it?) for preferred seating for the second week in May. What is our best bet in terms of where we should sit in the park? I'd ideally like to go in the opposite direction of the crowds. We are staying onsite (Cabana Bay) so we will have an easy walk over.

Thanks for all your help!

I would base your seating decision on where you think you will spend most of your time. If you like the big wave pool, head straight to the big beach. If you like 1-2 person water slides and/or the fearless river, head to the left of the volcano to the back of the park (this area does not always open with early admission). If you like 4-5 person water slides and Krakatau, the lazy river, or want easy access to the kiddie area, head to the right of the volcano. I would think that preferred seating is not a necessity for second week in May.

Can someone show me a picture or tell me where to get a cooler that is 8×6.5×6.5 inches?That seems so tiny. Even the small lunchbag one measures too big for the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter