VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

I just called to check on Cabana prices for a Tuesday towards the end of August and a small lower was $450 (a small upper was $550). Ooof, not paying that much, especially since we'll probably leave in the afternoon.

I just called to check on Cabana prices for a Tuesday towards the end of August and a small lower was $450 (a small upper was $550). Ooof, not paying that much, especially since we'll probably leave in the afternoon.
Crazy my reservation was near the end of august and I only paid $250

I paid $200 for the premium seats for next week with the thought that we'd probably stay a bit longer if we had those. But now I wonder if I put us in a situation where we feel like we HAVE to stay ;). I'm turning into my dad. That was our vacations growing up - 'we paid for the whole day, we're staying the whole day... even if we hate it' ;)

I paid $200 for the premium seats for next week with the thought that we'd probably stay a bit longer if we had those. But now I wonder if I put us in a situation where we feel like we HAVE to stay ;). I'm turning into my dad. That was our vacations growing up - 'we paid for the whole day, we're staying the whole day... even if we hate it' ;)

20210715_004224.jpg

Can you link multiple Tapu-Tapus to a single Photopass Package? We are party of 10 and wondering if this can be done.. TIA

This will be our first time to VB first week of August. I think we’re dedicating Tuesday to be a full day there. I’m not familiar with how fast virtual times are gone on some of the top tier attractions there… With that in mind and In comparison to the other Universal parks, How necessary is the Express Pass at VB?

This will be our first time to VB first week of August. I think we’re dedicating Tuesday to be a full day there. I’m not familiar with how fast virtual times are gone on some of the top tier attractions there… With that in mind and In comparison to the other Universal parks, How necessary is the Express Pass at VB?
I think it's all a matter of opinion. We were there during spring break crowds in April and I didn't find the EPs at VB to be worth it. Only Krakatau was long (1.5 hour wait in most cases) but we got there for EE and were able to ride it twice before the park opened to the public. Everything else was manageable (20-30 min) until later afternoon. By then, we had done everything we had wanted to anyway. Plus, the virtual queues here are incredibly efficient. We spent time in both lazy rivers and in the wave pool in-between slides so the time went by really quickly.

I have seen others post that EPs are absolutely necessary over the summer so I can't comment on that. I will say that we decided against them for our October trip to VB.

If you stay onsite and do Early Entry, EP is not as necessary. I won't be able to provide much feedback, since we will have EP on Thursday. I will try to provide some feedback though.

Are crocks OK on all the water rides?

You will have to remove them for any body slides (where there is no raft). But otherwise I think you'd be okay. Every ride has little unsecured "cubbies" (made out of rope) where you can store shoes and other small items.

We are going in late August and getting the basic VB express passes. For only $20, I'd like to be able to get on all the rides in quick succession just in case of the afternoon thunderstorm, plus the fact that we will NOT be arriving within the first hour or 2 of park opening. We like to sleep in. I don't want to have to tap in and wait an hour between every ride.

Noob here...once you tap for a ride you can't go on anther ride and just wait on line?

For the most part, no. You can go in the rivers or wave pool, but if the park is pretty full and every ride has a wait time, you can only tap into one ride at a time. Things like the water coaster can have hours long wait times and then once you tap in, you have to wait until you ride it to tap into another ride. That can waste a lot of time.

We will be coming down the week of Thanksgiving this year. We had a great time at VB a couple months ago, what is November like for a water park? Anyone been around that week? I know the theme parks will be packed. Think VB will be too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter