VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

I've been there 3 times after 4pm, the park is very light on crowds that time of day (Especially if a thunderstorm clears folks out) It's an amazing time to go.

That's good news! Maybe I'll try a 9 - noon day and a 4pm until closing day.

Thanks for your post.

Hi I read a review on trip advisor for VB about food lines and was a little confused. When you go to one of the restaurants there do you have to stand in different lines for different food items or is it you can order any food item from any line there?

:thanks:

Hi I read a review on trip advisor for VB about food lines and was a little confused. When you go to one of the restaurants there do you have to stand in different lines for different food items or is it you can order any food item from any line there?

I was just there yesterday and there were multiple food lines and each window had different food. My husband went to one line for chicken and I had to go to another for hamburgers. Then you take the food to the cashier.

I was just there yesterday and there were multiple food lines and each window had different food. My husband went to one line for chicken and I had to go to another for hamburgers. Then you take the food to the cashier.

Hi thank you so much that helps me for planning meals. We are going in two weeks:cool1:

I think it depends on which place you go to. I only remember one line at Bambu and Whakawaiwa, or everything from any line. Also, the smaller food booths really only had 1 line.

Went this morning. Delayed flight Uber sucks checked into Cabana Bay at 3 AM.

We were at the VB turnstiles at 730. Hit 11 rides and we're back at CB pool by 11. Eating lunch at CB now.

The VB is awesome, get there early:).

We plan on hitting it a few times over the next few days.

Highly recommend going back in the late afternoon into the night transition. (Espeically after a storm)

We are at RPR for a few more days. Golf in the AM tomorrow and the forecast has thunder storms for the PM .

We plan on VB if the forecast is correct :).

I wanted to give a mini trip report of our visit yesterday on Wed. July 19. Hopefully, it will help some people as how other people's trip reports helped us.

It's just me and my two girls (7 and 6 years old) this trip, July 15-23. We are staying at Cabana Bay in the Americana building. Highly recommend it!!! Close to the bus stop and food court. There's a parking garage right outside. And Volcano Bay is literally five minutes away! Besides, all the walkways are indoors, great for avoiding Florida's afternoon showers. One night we went to Mama Della's for dinner during evening torrential downpours. We walked to the lobby, hopped on the dining shuttle, and got to Portofino without getting wet.

We left the room at 7.10am and got to VB at 7.15am. We were the third family in line. Looked like the hotel/off-site guest busses already arrived too. The gate opened at 7.50am. As soon as we got in, we left our things at the Waturi Beach and started hitting the rides. Everything was "Ride Now" with no lines whatsoever. We did all, except the two body slides (with trap doors) and Ohno, by 9.30am. We wanted to do Krakatau again then. It was still "Ride Now" but the line came out to the entrance of the ride. It had to be at least 30-minute wait. The team member said the line would go down once it started to have wait time around 10am. So we went to the Fearless River instead. I thought my girls would absolutely love this but they didn't. They enjoyed the strong currents but they didn't like that they had to stay on the tubes the whole time. We did only one round. We went to tap at Krakatau and wait time was 60 minutes. My girls tapped. I realized I lost my Tapu Tapu in the Fearless River so I had to go to the concierge hut to get it replaced. They looked up my account online but they couldn't find my Volcano Bay ticket. We are Preferred AP holders with July blocked out for VB. I bought the tickets separately but didn't know why the tickets wouldn't be on the account. They needed to see my ticket. And of course, my ticket was with my things toward the front of the park. I didn't want to bother to walk all the way up there. My daughters wanted to do lazy river and it was very close by so we went to the lazy river first. We did a few rounds and they enjoyed it much better. They could get off the tubes/floats and swam around some. We had lunch at Kohola around 11 and there was already a line there. The food was great but I didn't like how they had food in different stations. My kids wanted pizza. We had to line up for the pizza station. I wanted a pulled pork sandwich and we had to line up again for that too. After we ate, I finally went to get my ticket and got the Tapu Tapu replaced. The team member was able to add Krakatau for me to match up with my girls. And it was time to ride. The line was much shorter than at 9.30am. It took us about 10-15 minutes to get to the front. After that we went to tap at Honu. It was 165 minutes which didn't bother us since we did all the rides already. We went to Runamokka kids' play area. My little one is exactly 48" tall and she could do all the slides but this would be the last time she got to do it. Once you're over 48", you can't ride the slides anymore. Then, we went to the lazy river again and stayed there for hours!! They closed all the pools and rides at 6pm due to lightning and storm and opened everything back up at 6.45pm. We did Krakatau one last time at 8.10pm. It was "Ride Now" but we had to wait 20-25 minutes. We closed out the park at 9pm.

I wanted to give a mini trip report of our visit yesterday on Wed. July 19. Hopefully, it will help some people as how other people's trip reports helped us.

It's just me and my two girls (7 and 6 years old) this trip, July 15-23. We are staying at Cabana Bay in the Americana building. Highly recommend it!!! Close to the bus stop and food court. There's a parking garage right outside. And Volcano Bay is literally five minutes away! Besides, all the walkways are indoors, great for avoiding Florida's afternoon showers. One night we went to Mama Della's for dinner during evening torrential downpours. We walked to the lobby, hopped on the dining shuttle, and got to Portofino without getting wet.

We left the room at 7.10am and got to VB at 7.15am. We were the third family in line. Looked like the hotel/off-site guest busses already arrived too. The gate opened at 7.50am. As soon as we got in, we left our things at the Waturi Beach and started hitting the rides. Everything was "Ride Now" with no lines whatsoever. We did all, except the two body slides (with trap doors) and Ohno, by 9.30am. We wanted to do Krakatau again then. It was still "Ride Now" but the line came out to the entrance of the ride. It had to be at least 30-minute wait. The team member said the line would go down once it started to have wait time around 10am. So we went to the Fearless River instead. I thought my girls would absolutely love this but they didn't. They enjoyed the strong currents but they didn't like that they had to stay on the tubes the whole time. We did only one round. We went to tap at Krakatau and wait time was 60 minutes. My girls tapped. I realized I lost my Tapu Tapu in the Fearless River so I had to go to the concierge hut to get it replaced. They looked up my account online but they couldn't find my Volcano Bay ticket. We are Preferred AP holders with July blocked out for VB. I bought the tickets separately but didn't know why the tickets wouldn't be on the account. They needed to see my ticket. And of course, my ticket was with my things toward the front of the park. I didn't want to bother to walk all the way up there. My daughters wanted to do lazy river and it was very close by so we went to the lazy river first. We did a few rounds and they enjoyed it much better. They could get off the tubes/floats and swam around some. We had lunch at Kohola around 11 and there was already a line there. The food was great but I didn't like how they had food in different stations. My kids wanted pizza. We had to line up for the pizza station. I wanted a pulled pork sandwich and we had to line up again for that too. After we ate, I finally went to get my ticket and got the Tapu Tapu replaced. The team member was able to add Krakatau for me to match up with my girls. And it was time to ride. The line was much shorter than at 9.30am. It took us about 10-15 minutes to get to the front. After that we went to tap at Honu. It was 165 minutes which didn't bother us since we did all the rides already. We went to Runamokka kids' play area. My little one is exactly 48" tall and she could do all the slides but this would be the last time she got to do it. Once you're over 48", you can't ride the slides anymore. Then, we went to the lazy river again and stayed there for hours!! They closed all the pools and rides at 6pm due to lightning and storm and opened everything back up at 6.45pm. We did Krakatau one last time at 8.10pm. It was "Ride Now" but we had to wait 20-25 minutes. We closed out the park at 9pm.

Thank you so much for the mini report. I am glad to hear you had had a good time overall after your hiccups. We will be there next Friday and we are staying at Cabana Bay and will utilize early entry and the proximity.:)

It sounds like you had a nice day. But, am I reading this right - -you went on a lot of slides until 9:30am, then Krakatau once after lunch and again after the storm....but between 9:30am and park close at 9pm, almost 12 hours of park time, you were only able to have two rides (and it was the same slide)?

It sounds like you had a nice day. But, am I reading this right - -you went on a lot of slides until 9:30am, then Krakatau once after lunch and again after the storm....but between 9:30am and park close at 9pm, almost 12 hours of park time, you were only able to have two rides (and it was the same slide)?

I think she got Honu in as well. 165 minutes is almost a three hour wait time. Honu definitely gets those kinds of waits in the afternoon.

Sounds like a decently successful day. I've dropped a band in the action river as well. It can be pretty intense. Glad they were able to get it straightened out and get your time matched back up with your daughters. Everyone seems to be catching on to getting there earlier and earlier now. The different lunch windows are at the two biggest restaurants. The smaller ones have a one stop window for everything. That can indeed be a pain, especially if you have to grab food for multiple people with varying tastes. Sounds like you maximized your fun despite the small hiccups. Thanks for the report!

I picked up about 5 bands opening weekend from the not-so-lazy river, and that was in one trip only.

We spent the total of 13 hours at VB yesterday. We could have done more rides if we wanted to. But our goal was to do all the rides (except the two body slides) one time and repeat whatever and whenever we felt like it. We ended up only wanting to do Krakatau two more times and Honu one more time. We liked all the rest of the rides but not enough to ride again. We wanted to just enjoy what the park has to offer. We spent literally hours in the lazy river. My daughters loved swimming and playing in it. We played with a bunch of Tapu Tapu-activated stuff. We visited all the nooks and crannies around the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter