Volcano Bay/Family Cabana and other questions

disney momma

disney momma
We are booked at Cabana Bay for two nights and plan on visiting Volcano Bay on - that Friday. We reserved a family cabana for the day. I have a few questions:

1. If park opens at 9 and early entry begins at 8, what time will they actually let us in? I know in the past the other two parks open a bit before the actually early entry time.

2. is there a separate entrance for onsite/CB guests? If so, where is it?

3. Does anyone have any pics of the family cabanas? I can’t find any despite several online searches, I only see the regular sized cabanas.

4. I was told the family cabanas are located in the back of the park. Does anyone know near which rides?

5. if the rides close due to lightning, are you allowed to remain in your cabana?

Any other tips are greatly appreciated. We are a group of 9 (4 adults and 5 kids ages 11-18)

Thanks in advance!

Hi I can help with most of them. We love CB and VB. We stayed at CBBR when we went to VB.

Yes there is a separate entrance into VB it is really nice to use.

When we had EE at 8 we were at the entrance by 7:30 and got up to the turnstiles about 7:45. They let us in just a few minutes before 8 not much. However, the line even for EE gets long.

Yes they are in the back of the park. They are located between the River Forest and the Rain Forest behind the Volcano. They are pretty close to Krakatau entrance if you walk a bit. Puhi family tube ride is back there as well.

Yes you can stay in your cabana during the storms.

I can look for a pic of the cabana and try and post one.

Best tips are to hit Krakatau, and the family raft rides during early entry. If you are going to order food in the cabana make sure you a lot time it takes awhile. Someone will have to be there for the food.

You will have to get on scales before the rides. They are very strict at the max capacity. You may have to separate your party.

Save the pool and rivers to last.

Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter