VMK reasons for closing?

Tomwdw14

Mouseketeer
I only became Disney mad around 2006 and only found out about vmk in 2009 after it had closed. It looked amazing and im gutted i never got to play it.
Anyway why did it close for did Disney just close it out of the blue or what and why?

Hopefully there will be a new game soon.

It was only supposed to be on for a year because of a promotion Disney was having. It obviously lasted longer than that. I guess they closed it because that promotion that was long over.. I'm not 100% sure, though.

*If you want to see what VMK was like (minus having a character and interacting with other people), go to this website: http://vmkrevisited.com/ . Have fun:-)

It was only supposed to be on for a year because of a promotion Disney was having. It obviously lasted longer than that. I guess they closed it because that promotion that was long over.. I'm not 100% sure, though.

*If you want to see what VMK was like (minus having a character and interacting with other people), go to this website: http://vmkrevisited.com/ . Have fun:-)

Thanks 4 the link thats pretty cool. Bit weird that disney closed something that it wouldnt of hurt them leaving open. I know that if it was open now i would spend hours on it. Shame it closed hopefully if will reopen sometime.:surfweb:

Thanks 4 the link thats pretty cool. Bit weird that disney closed something that it wouldnt of hurt them leaving open. I know that if it was open now i would spend hours on it. Shame it closed hopefully if will reopen sometime.:surfweb:

I want to say that it was only open for the 50th anniversary of WDW...and then it closed after the promotion

it was by far the coolest experience EVER.

i will never regret playing nonstop, endlessly, hour upon hour, up until closing time!

No problem :).

& I agree 100%. It was really cool, I loved it. I'm hoping it reopens, too :surfweb:.

It won't reopen. It was made for promotional purposes and Disney was losing money on the project.

I played VMK for a few months, and loved it I must had stopped playing for awhile, because when I went back it was gone. I'm pretty sure Disney was losing money to the project (not to mention it was only a promotion thing ). Anyways, as much as I would really LOVE it too come back, I don't honestly think it will, or at least not yet... :headache: :yay:

I really used to love VMK, and I think if I could play it now that I'd have way more fun on it!

It's really too bad that it's gone. :(

well that was the only problem is that it was hurting them. the game wasnt pay to play so they were actuallyloosing money because they had to pay yavn ajd all the workers and creators. not to mntioj the server upkeep. i really miss it but i doubt itll come back :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter