• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VLOGGERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you watched their vlogs you'd see that Tim does more of the parenting than Jenn. He gets their kid up in the morning, feeds him in the morning, bathes him, etc. It's very telling when their kid does something and Tim is like oh yeah he always does that and Jenn is bemused to find out.

Just look at Tims eyes and then Jenn's you'll see who is getting well rested every night and who isn't.

Wow. I watch their videos, every day, and this is false. In about half of them lately, Tim is alone at the parks while Jenn is home with Jackson.

If you watched their vlogs you'd see that Tim does more of the parenting than Jenn. He gets their kid up in the morning, feeds him in the morning, bathes him, etc. It's very telling when their kid does something and Tim is like oh yeah he always does that and Jenn is bemused to find out.

Just look at Tims eyes and then Jenn's you'll see who is getting well rested every night and who isn't.

Why do you watch them if you dislike them so intensely?

Is it known he is actually not vaccinated instead of just getting a detail regarding Covid testing wrong? I don't watch his videos (not a fan of his style) but the internet seems to love to jump to conclusions.

he has not stated one way or another. Considering the number of people calling him out about it, it would be easy for him to flash his vaccine card. Instead he’s deleting comments and editing his videos.

I don't watch any of the Vloggers. At the parks, I have but one rule. Do not mess with me and I will not mess with you. Vloggers are no exception. That said I haven't heretofore had any problems with them and don't expect to.

I don't understand your question at all (and since I'm going to my 20 year next weekend, it's well-timed!). I mean, if I put that information out in public (and many people do via Facebook, let alone people who literally make their living by making video blogs of their daily lives - which is not my style at all), I wouldn't be surprised at all. In fact, I have had to live much of my life in a very public way because of the jobs I've had. It's part of the decision you make (and part of what stinks when you're in those public-facing roles). And, to that point, when/if I do something inappropriate (for instance, since it was the point of this particular thread of conversation, saying something racist and/or homophobic), it would be very appropriate for people to say - "Be mindful of this person, they've previously said things that were harmful to other people." And from what I've experienced personally in this thread, that's what happened. Another poster just said there was something in this thread about how someone looked and what it said about their parenting and I think that's pretty atrocious.

ETA: I'd be curious to explore generational differences with whoever asked this question. As a digital native, I'm well aware that whatever I post and/or tweet is for public consumption.
You wouldn't think it was a little bit strange for someone that doesn't even talk to you to know every detail about your life? I would be taken aback by that.

I know what I'm posting is going out to the public but I guess I'm not expecting people to catalog it and call up every detail I've shared. That is unusual behavior for an adult with real responsibilities.

You wouldn't think it was a little bit strange for someone that doesn't even talk to you to know every detail about your life? I would be taken aback by that.

I know what I'm posting is going out to the public but I guess I'm not expecting people to catalog it and call up every detail I've shared. That is unusual behavior for an adult with real responsibilities.
I definitely think it's strange that people bring up things they learn through Facebook, etc - but I also get that it's the culture we live in. I personally choose not to give out that information and would assume that if someone intentionally and regularly proactively gave out that info, they're feeding into it. Lots of people are public-facing and *don't* give out personal info. I just think that it's equally strange for the people who video their daily lives a la The Truman Show and the people who watch (and neither are me). But it does seem sort of strange to project a ton of shame onto the viewers only - like - they're all choosing to be a part of this, right? Now, if they didn't publish the info and people found it - that would be suuuuuuper problematic.

If you don't think they're doing enough then stop watching.

Many of us have? I'm pretty sure we've already established that.

But I think other people can decide for themselves.

Agreed. Everyone can decide for themselves. And everyone can post their opinions about such.

and it is embarrassing.

You seem to be the only one who feels that way so.....

You sat on the couch and watched a video that they had hours of work into. Critiquing what they did with the $0.005 of ad revenue they got out of your view is ridiculous.

Such is life. Without their fans/viewers they are nothing. This applies to any vlogger. They are all literally nothing, nada, zilch, meaningless......without fans/viewers. They could show some appreciation for it is all I'm saying.

How would you feel about that person knowing all of that "publicly available info"?

If I were a person who is intentionally trying to make all my info public like they do I'd be stoked that they cared enough to remember! That's like a die hard fan right there. Like, I remember that Tim and Jen got married in a church in Ireland that was built in 1300. Even thought they CHOSE to make that info public 10 years ago, I guess Im a creeper for remembering it :rotfl2:

They don't owe anything! If you're so entitled then watch someone else. You're the kind of fan that ruins the fun for everyone else. If you don't like how they run the channel, then stop watching and block them on YouTube.

Again, this has already been established. Some of us here quit watching them a long time ago? Might want to go back and read all the posts.

If I had my life on public blast for the world to see? And I wanted the world to watch my videos? No. In fact, I'd be hurt if they DIDN'T know the details I had shared in my videos.

I will say being a vlogger can be as labor intensive of a job as you want to make it.

There are some vloggers that you can tell spend a lot of time honing their craft and product. Then there are others who are pretty much point and shoot take you along for the ride. The Trackers are the latter, they don't use any fancy editing techniques (because Jenn doesn't know how) nor do they attempt any breath taking cinematography (because Tim doesn't know how). The Trackers have been "vlogging" for over a decade, and you would think over time your filming and editing skills would increase, but they haven't. The only change is going from SD Video to HD Video.

As much as I loathe Michael Kay he does put effort in filming and framing shots to tell his story, sadly his story usually involves his head taking up 80% of the frame.

What has dramatically improved over those ten years is their presence in front of the camera. They are a lot more comfortable and natural now than they were back then. Many vloggers don’t have or develop that ‘it‘ factor.

Wrong try again.

Jenn hasn't had a job other than sitting and home editing in I would say easily 5+ years.

Tim left his regular job I would say at least 3+ years ago.

They owe it to their fans when they say "Hey we have a PO Box, send us cool stuff and letters, and we'll open them on live steams"...if you invite someone to do x, you at minimum have to thank them for it.

Also their vlogs aren't really that complicated they tend to follow the same format, and if you were doing a job for 10+ years you should get better and better at the turnaround aspect....which they haven't.

Dude, did one of them run over your dog or something?

long story short, he started his Dream cruise footage with him and his brother being tested for Covid and he said policy is for everyone to be tested, which is not true. If you’re vaxxed and provide proof you don’t need to get tested at the port. People called him out for it and he deleted that part of the video. The damning part is he’s been going around the parks maskless indoors. If he’s not vaxxed, he’s been breaking the rules.
Thanks ... I have to say this thread has been super interesting. Sitting at home with the kids I miss talking ( gossip) about all the family drama and this is filling the void.

Wrong try again.

Jenn hasn't had a job other than sitting and home editing in I would say easily 5+ years.

Tim left his regular job I would say at least 3+ years ago.

They owe it to their fans when they say "Hey we have a PO Box, send us cool stuff and letters, and we'll open them on live steams"...if you invite someone to do x, you at minimum have to thank them for it.

Also their vlogs aren't really that complicated they tend to follow the same format, and if you were doing a job for 10+ years you should get better and better at the turnaround aspect....which they haven't.

Agreed. Everyone can decide for themselves. And everyone can post their opinions about such.

Such is life. Without their fans/viewers they are nothing. This applies to any vlogger. They are all literally nothing, nada, zilch, meaningless......without fans/viewers. They could show some appreciation for it is all I'm saying.

If I were a person who is intentionally trying to make all my info public like they do I'd be stoked that they cared enough to remember! That's like a die hard fan right there. Like, I remember that Tim and Jen got married in a church in Ireland that was built in 1300. Even thought they CHOSE to make that info public 10 years ago, I guess Im a creeper for remembering it :rotfl2:

Again, this has already been established. Some of us here quit watching them a long time ago? Might want to go back and read all the posts.

If I had my life on public blast for the world to see? And I wanted the world to watch my videos? No. In fact, I'd be hurt if they DIDN'T know the details I had shared in my videos.

How would you know all of this if you have "quit watching them A LONG TIME AGO", we get it, you don't like them, move on with your life.

What other entertainers owe you something for watching them, in your opinion? Newscasters? Actors? Musicians? Dancers? Seems odd to suggest that vloggers should be giving away their money (or anything) to their viewers in appreciation. They aren't any different than any other entertainer. Other than the fact that their content is FREE to you. Watching 5 seconds of an ad (that you can skip) isn't "payment" from you anymore than the commercials on tv are.

How would you know all of this if you have "quit watching them A LONG TIME AGO", we get it, you don't like them, move on with your life.

I have moved on. A long time ago. But that doesn't mean I can't have discussions about the times when I did watch them. Are we not supposed to talk about things that happened in the past? Because I was looking forward to looking back on 9/11 with the 20 year anniversary coming up next month. Maybe I missed the memo that its off limits because pskelly said so?

What other entertainers owe you something for watching them, in your opinion? Newscasters? Actors? Musicians? Dancers?

Garth Brooks gives free fan appreciation concerts. Actors stop and pose for pics and sign autographs to show their fans they appreciate them. Ever heard of Ellen Degeneres? Last year in her 12 Days of Christmas giveaway, the 6 grandprizes were valued at more than 50k each. You've probably never heard of Oprah Winfrey but she gave a car to every member of her audience once. JK Rowling? Oh yeah, she personally gave her signature to a fan so the fan could use it as a tattoo. Shaquille O'Neal, oh yeahhhhhh, did you know he paid off an engagement rind in April of this year for a shy young man who happened to be in the jewelry store at the same time he was? No? You didn't know that Shaq showed his fans appreciation like that? Oh hay, what about last year when Kim K sent $1000 each to 500 different people who commented on her social media?

I mean, if you want me to keep going I can bust your chops with this one. It's not about entitlement. No one expects anything. It's about someone who has been made famous (and thus increasing their income and lifestyle because of other peoples interest in them) showing appreciation to those who got them there.

Seems odd to suggest that vloggers should be giving away their money (or anything) to their viewers in appreciation.

See above. It's actually very common and normal for those in public roles to do this. Stores do Customer Appreciation Sales, Fire Departments do local picnics and parades so the kids can climb on the fire engines? I mean, it's always worked that way?

I have moved on. A long time ago. But that doesn't mean I can't have discussions about the times when I did watch them. Are we not supposed to talk about things that happened in the past? Because I was looking forward to looking back on 9/11 with the 20 year anniversary coming up next month. Maybe I missed the memo that its off limits because pskelly said so?

Garth Brooks gives free fan appreciation concerts. Actors stop and pose for pics and sign autographs to show their fans they appreciate them. Ever heard of Ellen Degeneres? Last year in her 12 Days of Christmas giveaway, the 6 grandprizes were valued at more than 50k each. You've probably never heard of Oprah Winfrey but she gave a car to every member of her audience once. JK Rowling? Oh yeah, she personally gave her signature to a fan so the fan could use it as a tattoo. Shaquille O'Neal, oh yeahhhhhh, did you know he paid off an engagement rind in April of this year for a shy young man who happened to be in the jewelry store at the same time he was? No? You didn't know that Shaq showed his fans appreciation like that? Oh hay, what about last year when Kim K sent $1000 each to 500 different people who commented on her social media?

I mean, if you want me to keep going I can bust your chops with this one. It's not about entitlement. No one expects anything. It's about someone who has been made famous (and thus increasing their income and lifestyle because of other peoples interest in them) showing appreciation to those who got them there.

See above. It's actually very common and normal for those in public roles to do this. Stores do Customer Appreciation Sales, Fire Departments do local picnics and parades so the kids can climb on the fire engines? I mean, it's always worked that way?
My son loves watching Mr Beast and a couple of others that give back... its quite entertaining.
The trackers give to Give kids the world , maybe more than we know just because they do not have a video on it everytime. It's really nice when Influencers dont forget where the money comes from some are better than others.

You are comparing a youtube Vlogger to multimillion dollar earning entertainers and athletes?? Seriously? You need to a serious reality check. :rotfl2:

(and just about all vloggers we watch, from the Trackers, to Lou Mongello, to Paging Mr. Morrow, PCD, The Dis and on and on DO STOP to pose for pics and to say hello and chat with their fans in the parks)

I really enjoy watching the Tracker’s videos. I’m not looking to grade their life or judge how the spend their money. I’m sure that they are doing well financially but I doubt that their bank accounts match those of Garth Brooks. I don’t care if they pay for their rooms or tickets. I just want to know if the funnel cake at the Boo Bash is as good as it looks. I want to see what the crowds look like as they walk to the park. They seem to be nice people and I don’t care about some comment that they made twenty years ago. How old would they have been at that time? How many of us would love to take back some of the things that we said when we were young adults? If you watch their videos looking for imperfections then I’m sure that you will find them. The same would be true for any of us if our lives were online for everyone to see and judge.

I really enjoy watching the Tracker’s videos. I’m not looking to grade their life or judge how the spend their money. I’m sure that they are doing well financially but I doubt that their bank accounts match those of Garth Brooks. I don’t care if they pay for their rooms or tickets. I just want to know if the funnel cake at the Boo Bash is as good as it looks. I want to see what the crowds look like as they walk to the park. They seem to be nice people and I don’t care about some comment that they made twenty years ago. How old would they have been at that time? How many of us would love to take back some of the things that we said when we were young adults? If you watch their videos looking for imperfections then I’m sure that you will find them. The same would be true for any of us if our lives were online for everyone to see and judge.

Tim and Jenn were in their late 20s near 30 when they made those "unsavory" videos.

Can't use the excuse they were 17 years old and ignorant teens.

Tim and Jenn were in their late 20s near 30 when they made those "unsavory" videos.

Can't use the excuse they were 17 years old and ignorant teens.

No matter how old you are people can change. I know I'm a different person than I was in my 20s and early 30s.

You are comparing a youtube Vlogger to multimillion dollar earning entertainers and athletes?? Seriously? You need to a serious reality check. :rotfl2:
Not to mention that most of these "giveaways" are actually promotions for manufacturers where the host didn't pay for anything.
While it felt like the best.gift.ever for members of the audience, the car wasn't really a gift at all. The cars were part of a promotion for Pontiac (now defunct, but previously a brand of cars under the General Motors umbrella) to promote the G-6, a car introduced that same year as a replacement for the Grand Am. The moment, which was paid out of the car manufacturer's advertising budget, was named #4 of the Top 25 Oprah's Show Moments out of 4,000 episodes by TV Guide (because I know you're wondering, it was passed by the wagon of fat, Tom Cruise jumping on a sofa and the flash mob dance featuring the Black Eyed Peas).
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyp...oprahs-ultimate-car-giveaway/?sh=555e2b2460ff
TBH, I would prefer they spend their money on charity instead of "giving back" to a fanbase of Disney fans that likely doesn't need the money. I'm not going to say that a cross promotion with a local restaurant would be a bad idea but I also can imagine many in this thread talking crap about it if they did it. I can already hear the claims of "selling out", "desperate", or "buying fans". :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter