VLOGGERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mind the vloggers. I’ve never seen any of the “big name” vloggers. We mostly see other people trying. I hope they do well. Disney vlogging is a very saturated field.

I really need to ask where you got this information from. As far as I am aware none of the social media folk have a contract with Disney nor receive a paycheck from them. Only those on Disney's official platforms and under TDC name are employees and are restricted as to what they say. That's a far cry from being an employee.
I’ve watched several vloggers who have mentioned that Universal, Seaworld, Busch Gardens and/or Disney have invited them to certain restaurants, preview events where they’re gifted meal punch cards, ride openings, etc.

At least they have your views since you seem to know every detail about their lives and vlogs. :-)

PMM and Jackie have been vlogging for less than 5 years. As their channels age they will have an increasing amount of inactive subscribers.
I love watching both. I’ve been watching PMM for about 3 years and Superenthused about 1 year. I actually look forward every weekend to watching their vlogs.

I still don't see how giving free items away to these social media folk increase Disney's reach to new people. Surely the people following these social media folk are already Disney fans and would be spending money accordingly. It would not increase public awareness by very much if at all.

It’s not just vloggers though. I used to work for a company that booked conventions into Orlando. There was a steady stream of perks coming from theme parks, restaurants, and other venues. We received these on a regular basis from companies hoping we would promote their company to our customers over their competitors. Disney hopes that the Disney vloggers will be interesting and compelling enough to cause a customer coming to Orlando to visit Disney exclusively instead of the other parks. Disney wants their new products promoted and sees the vloggers as a viable way of getting the information out there. Yes, many of the subscribers may already be Disney fans, but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t be persuaded by a Universal or Sea World vlogger to visit other parks while they’re here. It’s in Disney’s best interest to prevent that as much as possible, and if that means having preview events or providing other perks for vloggers, then that’s what they’ll do. They have entire departments devoted just to marketing through third parties.

I don't mind the vloggers and enjoy following a few like Tim Tracker, Nathan (Mr Morrow) and Disney Food Blog. Watching their videos helped me get through the pandemic. I did watch Adam the Woo for a while but stopped after he revealed that he wasn't vaccinated even though he had been going through all the parks mask-less (which was against their policy). That's not ok.

I don't mind the vloggers and enjoy following a few like Tim Tracker, Nathan (Mr Morrow) and Disney Food Blog. Watching their videos helped me get through the pandemic. I did watch Adam the Woo for a while but stopped after he revealed that he wasn't vaccinated even though he had been going through all the parks mask-less (which was against their policy). That's not ok.

I watch Adam the Woo also, at least his Disney stuff, and he has always been very careful to wear a mask when required at the parks. Maybe you are thinking about when he was in relaxation stations, then he did remove his mask, which was allowed. Or once they were required only indoors then he adhered to that rule. I don't recall him ever breaking whatever rules they had in place at any given time.

I watch Adam the Woo also, at least his Disney stuff, and he has always been very careful to wear a mask when required at the parks. Maybe you are thinking about when he was in relaxation stations, then he did remove his mask, which was allowed. Or once they were required only indoors then he adhered to that rule. I don't recall him ever breaking whatever rules they had in place at any given time.

This is correct. He went out of his way to make sure everyone knew he was following the rules. But he’s fully vaccinated now.

Adam did break the whole entire required quarantine order when going back and forth between Florida and California multiple times.

Adam did break the whole entire required quarantine order when going back and forth between Florida and California multiple times.

Yeah, I think you're right about that. On the CA end, FL didn't have that requirement I don't think.

There are a lot of videos of him throughout the parks in non-rest areas, mask-less while he was unvaccinated. The Disney policy at the time was that anyone vaccinated was allowed the option to go mask-less. Everyone was allowed in the park but had to mask up regardless of being inside or outside. He wasn't honoring that policy

There are a lot of videos of him throughout the parks in non-rest areas, mask-less while he was unvaccinated. The Disney policy at the time was that anyone vaccinated was allowed the option to go mask-less. Everyone was allowed in the park but had to mask up regardless of being inside or outside. He wasn't honoring that policy

I don't recall that but not invested enough to rewatch and confirm. lol

The only one we have encountered in the parks were PMM and Resort TV 1. They both seem to be genuine and truly have a passion for what they do. It seems as though Disney is SATURATED with vloggers now…it’s all the same thing after a while

It’s not just vloggers though. I used to work for a company that booked conventions into Orlando. There was a steady stream of perks coming from theme parks, restaurants, and other venues. We received these on a regular basis from companies hoping we would promote their company to our customers over their competitors. Disney hopes that the Disney vloggers will be interesting and compelling enough to cause a customer coming to Orlando to visit other parks. It’s in Disney’s best interest to , and if that means having preview events or providing other perks for vloggers, then that’s what they’ll do. They have entire departments devoted just to marketing through third parties.

There is always a risk of this backfiring and causing resentment.

I hoped the creation of Disney Parks Blog would clean up the mess bloggervloggers create.
Disney does not. need them and I wonder just how much Disney researches their background , etc. You would think the success / fail that has been created with their Disney child actors growing up would be enough to warrant caution.

Last edited:
We ended up briefly in the background of a PCDev video a few years ago and thought it was very cool. Prior to that we had not really been aware of the vloggers. We discovered that others were also doing it on YouTube after looking for his video. Watching them now helps us get our Disney fix between trips.

There is always a risk of this backfiring and causing resentment.

I hoped the creation of Disney Parks Blog would clean up the mess bloggervloggers create.
Disney does not. need them and I wonder just how much Disney researches their background , etc. You would think the success / fail that has been created with their Disney child actors growing up would be enough to warrant caution.

Actually for a company the size and nature of Disney, using Blogger / Vloggers / Influencer Marketing is a very smart move and they DO need them. Its just one of many aspects and tools which are now normal in modern internet marketing. The Disney Parks Blog does a good job as an official source of information but it is still the corporate blog.

The whole concept if Influencer Marketing can be hard for traditional , conservative, non tech, none internet people to understand. They don't see the value and don't understand how it contributes to a company and as a result Vloggers / Social Media Influencers get a lot of negativity.

Influencer Marketing is a recognized part of Marketing in 2021, and it works as it complements the more traditional types of marketing such as TV , radio and print advertising. Marketing 101 is to go where your audience is and in 2021 there is a large Disney audience who watch the Vloggers.

I like how this thread went from aghast at the influencer gossip site which bashes the Trackers to looking like a thread from that site within one or two pages…

I was about to say I came onto this thread because I am interested in the debate on vloggers (I love watching them at home, but had a particularly not-great experience with a vlogger I used to adore -- now no longer sub to during the Rise of the Resistance opening day mayhem.) But the bit-obsessive Tracker bashing from a particularly vocal Disboarder has very much soured this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter