VIVA ITALY August 2009

KayGuidance

Earning My Ears
I always enjoyed reading everyones account of their trip and planned on doing the same, but here it is two months later and I have yet to do it. We had a great time and I just completed our scrapbook of this trip.

Below is a copy of an email that I sent to all our fellow travelers which shows the amount of steps that I clocked everyday. I wear a pedometer.

LOVED THE TRIP; WISH ABD WAS GETTING SO EXPENSIVE.

I thought that perhaps you might be interested in knowing how many steps I clocked in everyday. (2,000 steps equals approximately 1 mile) My personal goal at some point was to reach 20,000 steps in a day and I was pleased to reach this when we were in Florence. I guess I must now set a new goal--how is 22,000/day?

Day 0 Steps 11,624
We booked a pre-day and spent the day visiting visiting various places while getting a "feel" for Rome (+ getting a nap in).

Day 1 Steps 10,883
Benvenuto --We took the Open Bus tour, among other things

Day 2 Steps 17,099
All Roads Lead to Rome

Day 3 Steps 16,103
Let's Be Civilized--Vatican

Day 4 Steps 14,370
Etruscan Roots

Day 5 Steps 7,578
Tuscan Holiday

Day 6 Steps 20,709
Romance & Renaissance
Florence After the tour ended, we walked to the Boboli Gardens and climbed to the top of it wanting to see a great view of Florence. Since we are members of the Bronx Botanical Gardens, we were not that impressed with this garden. However, after talking to Marissa, we realized that we only saw a very small part of the gardens. It was hot and this walk really sapped our stamina. We all said that everything that Disney provided was great, but the thing we tried to do on our own was a bust. Oh well, perhaps if we explored it more, we would not have felt that way.

Day 7 Steps 11,138
Venetian Fantasy
Train ride and getting to know Venice

Day 8 Steps 9,535
Carnevale

Day 9 Steps 15,501
Arrivederci

Day 10 Steps 8,761
We stayed an extra day because of our flight connections and spent the day shopping (what else) and visiting our favorite restaurant Vesuvius.

Thanks for providing this perspective on the Italy trip. It's funny because people just say that there is a lot of walking, but never find out how much is alot until you actually go on the trip. I'll make sure I buy good shoes before the trip and have them broken in by next May. I hope you end up writing a report of your trip even if it is a small one (with a few pictures:)). I'd love to hear all about it.

I recall my wife's and I trip to Italy and how sore our feet were from walking. We walked from 7am to 10pm straight for 7 days and loved every minute of it. Although it seems like a lot of walking it was well worth it the experience and the sights we saw. Sore feet was only a small sacrifice for the memories we have from that trip and would recommend to anyone to do Visit Italy.:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter