Viva Italia-May 2, 2010

Bronxboy52

Earning My Ears
Hey,
Anyone signed up for the May 2nd Viva Italia trip? If anyone has any suggestions/recommendations about restaurants, packing, etc., they would be greatly appreciated:

My wife and I will be on this trip. We just made our final payment for the trip today. I guess I won't be eating out this weekend.:rotfl2: Glad to hear someone else has signed up for this trip. As far as what to take...the only thing that I know as of right now is a great camera and excellent walking shoes.

Great to hear that we won't be alone! Actually, the entire 40-person booking has been filled. My wife and i are really psyched (am i dating myself with that phrase?!) about the trip.

We're psyched too! I can't believe that it is only 3 months away. My wife's birthday is at the end of this month and I'm trying to figure out what I can get her that is related to Italy. We already have a new camera for the trip, so that is out.

I also can't believe that the trip is full. That's great. We don't have to worry about it being canceled. :woohoo:

I am sure if you wait until the trip, your wife will find SOMETHING in Italy to get for her birthday. We booked this many months ago. As it gets closer, it is starting to sink in that we really are going.

In Rome, i suggest Hotel Exedra: upper-crust, but family-friendly; lovely rooms; location on the Piazza Republica, just across from a fine cathedral built -- this is Rome, Eternal City of layers of history--over the gigantic Diocletian Baths of ancient times.

As for meals: buffet breakfasts at the Exedra were outstanding. Meanwhile the meals we took in Rome in restaurants as a group were under-whelming; perhaps the logistics in seating a large group played a role, but downstairs windowless rooms just don't seem right in this city of al fresco restaurants.And there's a MacDonald's beside the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter