Viva Italia - 9/24/09

DopeyDave

Earned one Ear, working on my second!
Has anyone else booked this tour? DP and I are looking forward to it, and counting down the days. :yay:
Hoping to meet some fellow 'adventurers' before the trip begins.

We booked Viva Italia last year through AAA. Not only did they offer a discount ( I think it was a couple of hundred apiece), but they also took care of booking our flights. Our agent was able to guide us to the best places to purchase Euros before the trip and you AAA office even carries some Euros in house. When we returned from the trip, AAA sent us two beautiful leather photo albums to commemorate our trip.
If you are a AAA member, you really should make the effort. Well worth it.
Have a wonderful trip!

OOooops, meant to send the last to the AAA thread.
Anyhoo, Viva Italia was all we hoped it would be. We (DH, DD,DS, and moi) would all repeat the trip if there weren't so many other countries we want to see. The itinerary is comprehensive but won't wear you out. The lodgings and meals were first rate and the guides were excellent.
Hope you have a wonderful time!

We just booked Viva Italia for September 24 and we're very excited. We're flying out of NY and I got a great price from Iberia today of $647. It was half what everone else wanted. The times are great and just one stop. See you in Rome.
Judy

Very cool, Judy. We're flying out of Allentown (PA). We fly to Detrioit (I think), then to Paris and on to Rome. After the tour we're spending a week at Disneyland Paris with some day trips into the city. Should be a great time. Let's hope they don't cancel on us!!

That sounds great. I as well sure hope they don't cancel. Do you ever call to see how full it is? It was one of only 3 early book dates left which at the time I thought was great since we used our points for it. Did you book your air with them? If you do that will they cover you if your date is cancelled and rebook your air without a penalty for another date? Just wondering and hoping it's a go.

No, we used frequent flyer miles for our airfare. But it's my understand that they will cover you for rebooking regardless of how you booked in the first place.

The last time I called, they told me it was about 25% full. Which surprises me that you still got an early booking discount. We also picked this one for the discount. We really wanted the [Adult only] one leaving 3 days earlier. Then we figured you can have annoying adults just as well as annoying kids, so the discount won out!!

We are booked on the August 10th tour (DH, DD, DD and myself) after having been canceled from the Storybook Kingdoms tour. We are all looking forward to it.

That's good to know about the airfare. They say that their groups run about 40 people so if it's 25% full they have around 10 people so far. It's still early but I wonder at what point they make a decision on cancelling? Kayguidance I hope you have a great time and will tell us all about it when you get back!

Any word on whether this tour has grown from 25% full? It would be great to have only ten people aboard! My thirteen-year old would be relieved to be in an adults-only group; he is used to being the only kid amongst grown-ups.

To Dopey Dave: I'm taking Michael to Paris Disneyland before the ABD tour. We're flying from Paris to Rome via Vueling. Like you, we're also booked at the Sequoia Lodge!

Any word on whether this tour has grown from 25% full? ... Like you, we're also booked at the Sequoia Lodge!

Wow! You really pulled this thread out of mothballs!!

I called ABD about 2 weeks ago to try to get a feeling whether the trip was definately running before I actually made the DLP room reservations. The girl kept saying "As of now all of our trips are running, but we don't know about circumstances beyond our control." I finally got her to admit that it would be safe for me to make reservations in conjunction with the trip. I guess I should have point blank asked if there were enough people booked for them to run the tour.

You'll have to let us know how Sequoia Lodge is once we're all in Rome. See you there!!

Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful trip! My DH & I were on Viva Italia last September and it was the best trip of our life! Our guides Marco & Vincenzo were fantastic and the sights, experiences and special Disney touches you will encounter are more than you could ever hope for!

September is a beautiful time to visit Italy, have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter