Viva Italia 07/19/09

abdalums

Earning My Ears
My first post. We are going on our 3rd adventure this summer. (Ireland 2007 and Wyoming 2008) There are 6 in our group (me, dh, dd12, ds10, fil and mil.) Anyone joining us? I'd love to know any other kids that are going. (Our kids had a great time in Ireland but there weren't many kids. They had a blast in Wyoming with lots of kids.) Any tips from previous Italy adventurers? What to pack tips for a summer trip (it should be pretty hot I think.) BTW We are starting our trip with 5 days in Paris before arriving in Rome on the 19th. Any Paris with kids tips? Our original trip date was cancelled, but the new date gave us time to tag on Paris. So, it was a lucky break for us. As of today, we are paid in full and getting excited. Looking forward to your feedback.

Will you be taking in Disneyland Paris? Also--take in Napoleon's Tomb and right next door the Rodin Garden with "The Thinker"...Eiffel Tower to the top...the metro is easy and the train to Disneyland Paris is very convenient, and maybe in early June the crowds won't be tooooooo bad...

We went on the Italy ABD two years ago--it was hot (made the gelato all the better!), and while we were concerned about wearing shorts inside churches etc, it generally wasn't an issue (women need to cover bare shoulders--and you can buy for a euro a paper covering for female heads). I had shorts with detachable legs--so on the rare occasion when I needed to cover up my legs, I had a quick solution.

Sorry, but I'll be there in June, not July (11-19). I have asked on the boards, but no one seems to be on our trip. It'll be me and my DS15. It's coming up soon! :goodvibes

I know of one family -- 2 adults and a 12-year-old daughter. I believe there are at least two other children (not including your daughter) between 11-15 and a few that are younger.

Sorry.. not much but it's all I have. :)

Dotti

I am going on the July 19th trip too. It will just be me and dw, I remember (and just looked up) from a previous post that there was another family with a dd 10 going on this trip as well.

We went on the Italy trip last August. It was wonderful, but some days were very hot. My tip is to bring some extra clothes to change into for dinner - even if it is just a clean t-shirt - because the clothes you wear during the day will get very sweaty on some days. This isn't always a popular suggestion because I know people are trying to pack light, but you can bring some woolite and wash a few things if that helps. I know I just felt kind of sticky some nights, and while not everyone changed for dinner, many women did and I wished I could have!

Hi there,

we are also going to Itay on July 19. This is our first ABD trip. My wife and I, plus my 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son. just found this web site recently. very excited to read about other people's experiences. shocked at the number of cancelled trips this year. we are arriving from Toronto with a prenight, then staying on after the tour ends to travel on our own on the Amalfi coast. thinking of going to borgehese gallery before reception, but not sure if our kids would enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter