Vitamix blender

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
Just ordered the QVC special. What do you do with yours? We are clean eating so we try to limit sugar and no chemicals. No gluten either.

I make infused oils to make salves. Such as a half pound of Mullien Leaf blended into 1250 CCs of Sweet Almond oil.

I make a lot of smoothies in mine several times a wk. I've also made soups & tomato sauce. My DH makes peanut butter, ice cream, & sorbet. I bought mine as a TSV on qvc probably 2-3 yrs ago & love it.

We mostly make smoothies - green for me and DH, and fruit & greek yogurt ones for the kids.

I do make tomato soup in there and it's very good. It cooks the soup as well so you can serve right from the blender.

We mostly make smoothies - green for me and DH, and fruit & greek yogurt ones for the kids.

I do make tomato soup in there and it's very good. It cooks the soup as well so you can serve right from the blender.

I didn't know that! I've been thinking about getting one. Hmmm.

I have the Blendtec which is similar. I use it ALOT. I make smoothies, fruit sorbet and snow cones for the kids. I use it to blend soups, make sauces, salad dressings, nut butters ect. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it:worship:

I'm eating mostly paleo (and definitely gluten free) and I love my Vitamix. I haven't had it very long, just a few months. I bought the 300 series one (next gen) after doing tons of research on the features I wanted. Mine has a huge 64oz container which I love (and can fit under the counter wall cabinet) but at the same time if you're making tiny batches of something like 1cup it doesn't perform as well. Eventually I'll buy the smallest container also. The tamper is awesome to have by the way! I first wanted a Blendtec but after watching numerous video reviews the consensus was that sometimes you had to stop the Blendtec and scrape the sides or stir it whereas with the Vitamix you just use the tamper. The Vitamix gets the job done quicker also because you can push food into the blades...excellent for frozen fruits.

I just made homemade paleo mayonnaise! Sooo yummy.

It's amazing at purées...I do butternut squash most often and freeze in containers to use later which I make into butternut squash & leek "pasta" sauce (I use zucchini). I also made a cauliflower mash and it worked beautifully!

I made a cilantro lime dressing in it.

We make green smoothies with it...my husband uses it about 4x a week for that. I don't make many smoothies because they don't taste as good to me without yogurt (I use unsweetened toasted coconut almond milk) but he uses yogurt in his.

We did make the Grand Marnier slushies like the ones at Epcot which were amazing, but now I'm not eating refined sugar or drinking alcohol so booooo.

I made a batch of lemon ginger muffins from the Vitamix cookbook which were pretty good but I thought it was more difficult in the blender than mixing by hand! So, I guess I'm old fashioned in that sense. This was also before going gluten free. Lol

I want to make homemade nut butter but haven't tried yet.

Oh, I did make "ice cream" using only frozen bananas...the texture was spot on, just like froyo, but I didn't like the overwhelming banana taste, it was just too strong to me. I may have used overripe bananas though. I also made a sorbet of some kind (recipe in the cookbook, one of the berry ones) but again, too strong for me. It seems everyone else loves the sorbet and "ice cream" recipes though. :)

I LOVE our Vitamix! I make all of DD's pureed foods in it. We've been starting to do more smoothies and I am totally impressed. It's very worth the money, imo!

I love my green smoothies in the Vitamix. It blends everything so well that you can never taste the spinach or kale I put in it.

In the winter I do make a lot of soups with it as well.

One of my fave things to do though is to make a blended ice coffee. I got the idea from the Costco demo. I put a cup of soy milk (or whatever milk you prefer), then I add 10-15 whole coffee beans. I then blend that until it's been thoroughly mixed. You can brew fresh coffee as well, but for me just throwing the coffee beans in is faster. Then I had a bunch of ice, maybe some stevia (or agave, or chocolate chips), and finally....spinach and carrots! You can't taste the spinach or carrots at all! I use it as an afternoon boost. I get a full serving of veggies, dairy and a caffeine boost!

Another thing I like to do is I'll put a bunch of fresh berries in and blend it for 4 minutes until it makes a hot berry syrup. Then I pour that on my oatmeal.

And of course, I can't forget the "Whole Foods Margarita", which is actually very good and because I'm making it with fresh fruit, I know there are no additives or artificial sweeteners. I suffer from migraines quite badly and artificial sweeteners (aspartame in particular) is a bad trigger for me.

There are so many fun things to try with the Vitamix. I didn't think I could be this impressed by a blender, but it really is the best!

I'm eating mostly paleo (and definitely gluten free) and I love my Vitamix. I haven't had it very long, just a few months. I bought the 300 series one (next gen) after doing tons of research on the features I wanted. Mine has a huge 64oz container which I love (and can fit under the counter wall cabinet) but at the same time if you're making tiny batches of something like 1cup it doesn't perform as well. Eventually I'll buy the smallest container also. The tamper is awesome to have by the way! I first wanted a Blendtec but after watching numerous video reviews the consensus was that sometimes you had to stop the Blendtec and scrape the sides or stir it whereas with the Vitamix you just use the tamper. The Vitamix gets the job done quicker also because you can push food into the blades...excellent for frozen fruits.

I just made homemade paleo mayonnaise! Sooo yummy.

It's amazing at purées...I do butternut squash most often and freeze in containers to use later which I make into butternut squash & leek "pasta" sauce (I use zucchini). I also made a cauliflower mash and it worked beautifully!

I made a cilantro lime dressing in it.

We make green smoothies with it...my husband uses it about 4x a week for that. I don't make many smoothies because they don't taste as good to me without yogurt (I use unsweetened toasted coconut almond milk) but he uses yogurt in his.

We did make the Grand Marnier slushies like the ones at Epcot which were amazing, but now I'm not eating refined sugar or drinking alcohol so booooo.

I made a batch of lemon ginger muffins from the Vitamix cookbook which were pretty good but I thought it was more difficult in the blender than mixing by hand! So, I guess I'm old fashioned in that sense. This was also before going gluten free. Lol

I want to make homemade nut butter but haven't tried yet.

Oh, I did make "ice cream" using only frozen bananas...the texture was spot on, just like froyo, but I didn't like the overwhelming banana taste, it was just too strong to me. I may have used overripe bananas though. I also made a sorbet of some kind (recipe in the cookbook, one of the berry ones) but again, too strong for me. It seems everyone else loves the sorbet and "ice cream" recipes though. :)

I am eating Paleo as well. Can you give me your mayo recipe? I have one but not sure I am using the right oil.

I got the Vitamix 6000 with the 64oz container. It came with the tamper, recipe book and a smoothie bottle which I don't really care about. Mainly I liked dividing it into payments.

Dividing into payments would be helpful. It looks like a premo blender.

I make fruit smoothies sometimes with protein powder. I'd like to branch out and try some other things. I recently found out about peanut butter powder and chocolate powder where much of the fat is taken out. I haven't tried them yet, but I plan to soon. I love peanut butter and chocolate. If I could get a little happy taste now and then without the calories it would be heaven.

The vitamix sounds very nice. It might fit into my plans.

I see the Vitamix blender a lot at demos at trade shows. The motor is so powerful, it's like the equivalent of a lawn mower! :eek: Plus, it's because of the glass pitcher, you can add hot liquids in while blending, to make hot soups. Something that can't be done with with the plastic pitchers most blenders have.

We got to sample quite a bit of the foods that are demoed. My favorite was the tortilla soup. :love:

Check out Yahoo Groups, they have a few Vitamix groups there with recipes & tips in either the post archives or the group files & folders that each group keeps for their members. One of them even has the tortilla soup recipe. :thumbsup2

http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=Vitamix

I don't know what it included but at Costco yesterday they had a package of some kind for $499.99

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter