Vistana Villages or Westgate Villa??

klynn

DIS Veteran
Please help me decide!! There will be my dh, ds, dd and me! We also bringing my niece (teenager). Right now I have on hold (through our timeshare exchange) a unit at Westgate that sleeps 10. It has two bedrooms and also a loft. My niece could have her own "space". We also have a 2 bedroom on hold at Vistana Villages. Which would be okay too. I'm sure one of the kids wouldn't mind sleeping on the sofa/sleeper. I have heard both good and bad about Westgate Villas, but the extra space would be nice. However, I've heard only positive comments about Vistana Villages. What would you choosse? Thanks for your help!

Having been to both and having had soo horrid an experience exchang through RCI into Westgate Villas let me just state I would NEVER EVER EVEN FOR FREE stay at Westgate Villas again in my life.

Does your reservation/exchange confirmation have a specific unit on it or does it say units assigned at resort? If it says assigned at/by resort RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN.

If it is a specific unit, then post the number and we might be able to tell if it is in the older section or the newer section.

And if you do stay there--AVOID THE MAINTENANCE CHECK. Even tho you exchanged into it and are not reuired to attend a sales presentation they will try to sell you a unit. We had daily phone calls from them. (A problem we never had at Vistana)

We stayed at Westgate Vacation Villas last year, and loved it. I traded through II (we own at Westgate Lakes, where we stayed/bought the year before).

My exchange had been for a 1 bedroom unit, but we were automatically upgraded to a 2 bedroom unit without asking and without extra charges.

The unit was sparkling clean and well furnished and our deck looked out on a little lake. 5 minute walk to the pool, which seems to be standard--every building appeared to be close to at least 1 pool.

My kids (ages 7 & 9) loved the kid's programming and the Animal Show.

I never once received any calls from sales staff while I was there (this mirrored my experience at WGL--the only call I received was the day before our appointment, to confirm the time).

I cannot comment on Vistana at the moment, although we traded into there for this year and will be going in August.

BK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter