Vistana Resort and Villages

notdisneyagain

Earning My Ears
I have never posted b4 on this forum but have been reading it for sometime.

We are staying in the Vistanna Villages and Resort ( week in each). Going on Thursday can anyone tell us if there are hairdryers in the villas in both places?

Thanks...

Pinkbounc

There is at the resorts but not sure about the villages. The resorts are gorgeous - we were in the Cascades section.
Have a great time.
Wendy

the villages are rated just slightly higher than the resort by Virgin. Does anyone know of any particular reason for this?

Also we have been trying to get a pic of the 2nd bedroom at the villages, does anyone have one or if they are visiting soon could they post something here?

Remember to let us know all about it notdisneyagain, we are staying st the Villages for two weeks next year!

babybelle,

The Villages are still being constructed - maybe the 'newness' aspect is a selling point?

We stayed in Cascades also last year, and it was exceptionally good - the last development in the Vistana Resort completed in 2000/1.

The Villages area is tiny in comparison to the Resort - there are 7 pools at the Resort, and the whole layout is far more spread out and open .
Mind you, considering the real estate purchase price at the Villages was in the region of $1 million an acre, it isn't surprising there were fewer properties built!

We bought at Vistana last year, so this is our first time back as owners.

Roll on September :bounce:

We're staying at Villages later this year, so I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.

Originally posted by Homer Timpson
babybelle,

We bought at Vistana last year, so this is our first time back as owners.

Roll on September :bounce:

Thank you, we opted for the Villages cos we have never stayed on I-drive.

I notice you are from Crosslee and I am racking my brain trying to think where that is - South Side?

Can't help with your question, but I did just want to say...

Welcome to the DIS! :wave:

Penny

Originally posted by babybelle

Thank you, we opted for the Villages cos we have never stayed on I-drive.

I notice you are from Crosslee and I am racking my brain trying to think where that is - South Side?

Homer - I think Ive just remembered where Crosslee is, is that beside Houston and there is a row of shops with a nice fish n Chips shop called 'Pauls'?

Right in one ;)

I live just up the hill from the Pinetrees pub - just as you come in to Crosslee.

Originally from Stevenston - the "other" Sunshine Coast !!

And you?

Brian :bounce:

Originally posted by Homer Timpson
Right in one ;)

I live just up the hill from the Pinetrees pub - just as you come in to Crosslee.

Originally from Stevenston - the "other" Sunshine Coast !!

And you?

Brian :bounce:

The town from which Airdrie stole its football team - Clydebank.

We quite often go a run to Pauls with my kids then take them to the car park on Inchinnan Road beside the airport because DS (7) loves planes.

Must agree, an excellent chippy :D

Haven't been able to see a picture of the second bedroom at the Villages - they always show the master.
The master looks identical to that at the Resort, and it is absolutely massive. Huge bed, walk in whirlpool, separate his/her wash basins and a separate toilet with full size walk in shower.

The second bedroom in our unit in Cascades was different to that we saw on the tour the previous year. To me it was rather small - smaller than your normal hotel room in fact.
We felt our master bedroom was oversized for 2 people - at the expense of the 2nd room. Only my opinion though.

Having seen the floorplan on the Starwood website, it appears the Villages bedrooms have similar proportions - so whoever gets the big room is in for a treat ;)

Still, 3 tellys + 3 videos + a music system will soon take your mind off room sizes.

Brian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter