• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Visitor Toll Pass

Elmo007

DIS Veteran
One observation. If you fly in and out of terminal B, its easy to get and return a Toll Pass. If you fly into Terminal C, they shuttle you to Terminal B to get the car so its still not hard to get the pass. However, there is no place in Terminal C to return the pass. All they need to do is to install the equivalent of a mailbox to return the pass. I wanted to save the $4.95 a day fee that the rental company charged but it is not worth it to have to trek from C back to B and then Back to C if you are flying out of C. I suppose you could return the car at B, but then you are dragging luggage all that extra distance to the tram.

Someone tell the VTP people to make passes available for pick up and return at Terminal C

Someone tell the VTP people to make passes available for pick up and return at Terminal C
Pickup vending machines are planned for Terminals B & C sometime later this year. Kinda surprised a return drop off box hasn't been added yet. Could be a supply chain issues preventing them from getting both in a more timely manner.

Do you return the car to Terminal B and shuttle back to C? If so, just return the Pass when you return the car in B.

That would have been my plan but it was 4 people with luggage and too many souvenirs and a figment popcorn case which is larger to pack than it looks. I did not want to move all that from B to C. I sucked up the toll fee

That would have been my plan but it was 4 people with luggage and too many souvenirs and a figment popcorn case which is larger to pack than it looks. I did not want to move all that from B to C. I sucked up the toll fee
Assuming one of the others is an adult, knowing ahead of time what the situation is:

Option A: Drive to Terminal C departures. All luggage and three people get out. The three with the luggage go and check the luggage. The other returns the car to B and then shuttles to C.

Option B: Return the car at C. While three people check the luggage, person 4 shuttles to B, returns the pass, then shuttles back to C.

I agree neither option is a good one, and yes, they should have a return location for C, and I'm sure there's plans for it.

I went with plan D. It's such an expensive trip too begin with thst another 20 D(ollars) want make or break it

Personally, as a local I would just advise buying the Sunpass PRO. It works throughout Florida as well as the east coast, basically anywhere EZPass does. It's about $25 to buy the transponder and you load it with a credit card only as needed. Put it in your carry on and suction cup it to the windshield as soon as you pick up your rental car. Use the app to update your account with the rental car tags. I'd hang a red tag on it so you don't
Leave it in the car by accident. We had ours for several years before moving to Florida permanently.

Not sure if others have had a similar experience but I booked a VTP for a recent trip but my plans changed and I no longer needed to utilize the VTP. There is no actual way to cancel the pass reservation, so I contacted the VTP staff and they indicated that the system will automatically delete/remove it after 21 days past the reserved dates. It also does not activate until you scan the barcode and get your pass, so there really is nothing to worry about either.

But I didn't want my credit card on a reservation sitting open, especially since I was not going to use it. So I purposefully moved my dates up to the next day (after contacting the VTP people) and had a 1 minute reservation. Sure enough the reservation disappeared as indicated without actually using it and without any issues.

TLDR: If you need to cancel your VTP, you cannot but it will automatically go away 21 days after your reserved time (which you can move up if you want it to go away sooner for peace of mind).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter