Visiting the Fort for the campfire. Parking?

Higgins Family

Earning My Ears
I am curious if anyone knows if we are allowed to park at the Fort for a couple hours for the campfire.
I know recently they required you to park somewhere else and take the bus in. We are going to be there
the week after Labor Day and curious if things have changed at all.

I am curious if anyone knows if we are allowed to park at the Fort for a couple hours for the campfire.
I know recently they required you to park somewhere else and take the bus in. We are going to be there
the week after Labor Day and curious if things have changed at all.
Where will you be staying in September while you're there?

Park at over flow in front of resort, then a bus.
If you don't mind the cost, take MV From your resort to campfire directly.

Where will you be staying in September while you're there?
We are staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We like to stay at FW as well but just didn't work out for this trip. So if we can at least visit one night that will be something.

We are staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We like to stay at FW as well but just didn't work out for this trip. So if we can at least visit one night that will be something.
You should probably make a Dinner reservation. Otherwise they may not let you past the Guard Gate.

You should probably make a Dinner reservation. Otherwise they may not let you past the Guard Gate.

Over the last few Covid waves, WDW has required some sort of reservation at a resort to get into said resort. Fort Wilderness examples have been:

An Advanced Dining Reservation at Trails End or HDDR.

An activity reservation (horse ride, archery, etc.)

And even if you had some sort of get-in, if the parking lot was full, they would tell you to try the Overflow lot or park at Wilderness Lodge and bus over.

So @skyp4WDW is right: most times you need some sort of reservation to get past the guard.

Now, I will say you are asking about early September which is the SLOWEST time at the Fort. So you might be able to talk your way in.

But you still may not be able to get in to park your car. So I would suggest taking a bus to the Fort from Disney Springs or a boat from MK to the Fort dock (to be sure).

Bama Ed

Where does the Wyndham shuttle drop off?

The easiest way is to take a resort bus to Magic Kingdom, then a boat to Ft. Wilderness. But if the bus drops you off at the TTC, that makes the trip a lot longer.

Just wondering What guest related amenities does Whyndam Bonnet Creek make accessible to no guests

There are no day visit amenities available at CW Bonnet Creek. Sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter