Visiting other pools outside your resort

MVPSim

Earning My Ears
Are we able to visit pools other than the ones at the hotel we are staying at? Does it matter if we are staying at a Disney hotel or not?

No, pool hopping is not allowed. It's only allowed at sister resorts such as Port Orleans French Quarter + Riverside, Kidani and Jambo House (AKL) and the 3 All Stars resorts.

What isn't allowed is if you are staying at OKW and going to Beach Club's pool, for example.

ok thanks. trying desperately to stay at BCV for the pool but can't get the availability we want :(
You probably already know this, but YC, BC and BCV all share the pool, so perhaps try for availability at all three. IMHO, Stormalong Bay isn't all it's hyped up to be. There are other great pools on property and even consider saving some money, staying at a different resort and going to a water park instead.

Stormalong bay is the most heavily “policed” pool on property. When I last stayed at Yacht Club, they checked each person in individually and put wristbands on everyone. It wasn’t like the other resorts where you could unlock the gate with your magic band and let your group in without being checked.

Stormalong Bay is nice, but I don’t think it compares to a water park at all. I see that comparison often. I guess after reading all the hype, I was a bit underwhelmed. The “lazy river” portion of the pool is small. If you aren’t able to stay there, there are so many other great pools on property that are just as enjoyable IMO even if they aren’t quite as expansive.

A person I know said they recently became a DVC member and when they went on the DVC site to look at their temporary pass, it said they can enjoy pool hopping.

A person I know said they recently became a DVC member and when they went on the DVC site to look at their temporary pass, it said they can enjoy pool hopping.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/recreation-relaxation/pools

They may have missed this part:
1708452808651.png
As the other poster stated, pool hopping used to be a thing for DVC (although Stormalong Bay was always excluded), but it was suspended during COVID and has remained suspended so far.

DVC "membership extras" can include a variety of things, including pool hopping. Membership extras are also subject to change. Disney suspended pool hopping for DVC members as a membership extra during the Covid closure and has not restarted it. The program "rules" do not require them to do so, either.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/recreation-relaxation/pools

They may have missed this part:
View attachment 835535
As the other poster stated, pool hopping used to be a thing for DVC (although Stormalong Bay was always excluded), but it was suspended during COVID and has remained suspended so far.
They sent over a screenshot that said it. It looks like you have to go to another site to get that info, so I will let them know. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter