Visiting Hawaii as things in North Korea heat up

We have a big family trip planned for 2019 for our 25th anniversary, and at the moment my wife is deathly afraid of going. That fear is certainly not going to stop me from planning, but as we get closer, I may have to do some cajoling to get her to go.

By 2019...the north korea issue should be resolved one way or another. No reason to worry by then, either something will have already happened, or it won’t happen. (I still believe they’ll hit China with a missfire before they hit anyone else.)

I doubt North Korea could hit Oahu even if they tried. Either way, of all the things I'd worry about when going to Hawaii, this would be very low on my list. Don't let that ease your mind though, the more people who worry about this, the less people I have to fight for the pool chairs.

I am not sure how old the other posters are but I grew up in teh 1950s and 60s. “Air Raid Drills” (get ubder your desk and cover your head with your coat. And I vividly remember the Cuban Missile Crisis sitting in school waiting for teh ‘bomb’ to drop. The anxiety was palpable. So now I have stopped letting myself worry abotu things like that. Besides I live on Long Island and grew up in NYC which is definitely a ‘target’. I believe that we can’t let these things stop us from living our lives. So pland, go and have fun.

I try to live by the idea that things can happen anywhere. You can be walking down the street and get hit by a car. Don't let fear cause you to miss out on an incredible experience--and Hawaii is one. I don't throw around the words "life changing" very often, but I swear I came back from Hawaii a different person. Go, and don't look back. You'll love it.

Cant think of anywhere I would rather meet my maker at :). I Agree with Ceryssa, anything can happen any time any where....better at Aulani than on the road or a freak accident.

Well the people yesterday thought for a period of time they were about to meet their maker in Hawaii! What a crazy story, and glad it was a false alarm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter