Visiting for one day at MK- Which attractions to hit first?

riversend22

Mouseketeer
Hey all! So I will be visiting MK on a Saturday in a few weeks. I'm only in town for a few days helping my mom, so I will only be able to visit the park for one day. With the crowds seeming to ramp up lately and weekends definitely bringing in heavier crowds, I'm wondering...what should my plan of attack be for rides? I will be solo, so I can bounce around and move quickly. My goal is to try and hit as many rides as possible as it's been a few years (I was pregnant for my previous two trips and couldn't hit some of the bigger rides :( ).

Anyone have any suggestions on which rides I should tackle first during these covid times? I'm planning on rope drop, and probably staying until park close depending on how much I can actually get done. Thanks!

DH and I are locals and go quite often. Longest lines will be at 7 Dwarves and Peter Pan, and they're close together, so do those first. Next longest (not really in any particular order of busyness) will be Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash, any other roller coasters. After that, Pooh, Small World, Mermaid, Speedway. Save shows for last, preferably late morning and afternoon until an hour or two before closing, then backtrack to any of the above listed ones you've missed.

Hey all! So I will be visiting MK on a Saturday in a few weeks. I'm only in town for a few days helping my mom, so I will only be able to visit the park for one day. With the crowds seeming to ramp up lately and weekends definitely bringing in heavier crowds, I'm wondering...what should my plan of attack be for rides? I will be solo, so I can bounce around and move quickly. My goal is to try and hit as many rides as possible as it's been a few years (I was pregnant for my previous two trips and couldn't hit some of the bigger rides :( ).

Anyone have any suggestions on which rides I should tackle first during these covid times? I'm planning on rope drop, and probably staying until park close depending on how much I can actually get done. Thanks!
Here's a link that lists the MK wait times from last Saturday:

https://i2.wp.com/easywdw.com/reports16/magic_kingdom_waits_september_19_2020.jpg
It's from a reputable website, so should be pretty accurate. Of course, that's just one Saturday, but nothing about it seems out of place with what I've been reading about wait times since reopening. Philharmagic fan's advice is pretty sound, but some other rides have passed Peter Pan for long waits since reopening, due to different social distancing restrictions.

When watching wait times we were surprised to see some rides have longer waits than the "typical" go to rides. We started on the left side of the park.
BTMR, Splash, POC, Jungle Cruise, HM
Then hit pooh, LM, Space, Buzz.
Came back to Peter Pan (rode twice with 15 min wait posted 30). Small world gets longer lines than Pan now.
Did 7DMT toward end of the day with 25 min wait while jungle cruise had a 60 minute wait.
It's a weird time lol.

We use Touring Plans to customize our itineraries based on projected wait times and crowds. We’re data nerds and love it.

We started with our highest priority ride and then made a circle from there to minimize walking. If there were two rides next to each other and one had a shorter wait time, we did it first and hoped the other would be shorter by the time we got to it. The wait times are highly variable right now, so that worked more often than not. We would check the line when exiting our favorite rides, and ride it again immediately if there was minimal wait. Once we rode everything we wanted to ride once (or twice in a row), we made the circle again, just hitting our favorites. We don't do shows, but we were able to ride all our favorite rides that way, most multiple times.

Start with 7DMT, then go to splash and big thunder, then jungle cruise. These are the attractions that go down for weather and also have fairly high waits. If there is storms on your day you may miss your chance to ride them at all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter