Visiting campground?

nkjzmom

<font color=purple>and baby Samantha, too!<br><fon
My family will be down in November for a quick trip to WDW after a wedding. We are beginning to plan a trip in Oct 2004. We think we want to stay in the cabins...money, money, money!! Might we be able to visit the campground to look around, maybe look in a cabin, check out the loops, etc? Also while researching old "cabin" posts someone mentioned that the campfire program is free...is that only for campers or people at Disney resorts? Or could we try to catch that during our quick visit?

Thanks in advance!

Any WDW guest can visit the campgrounds, but if you drive over, you have to park in the day visitors lot and take the internal busses. Your other option is to take the boat from the MK, or the Contemporary. My SIL was staying in the cabins in August, we just parked our car in the day guest lot and took the bus to her loop. You will have to go to the check-in outpost if you want information about viewing a cabin. It is right near the day guest parking lot.

The campfire program is free to all WDW Resort guests. :)

Unfortunately we are not staying at a resort this time. We did that back in January and since we are only coming over for a day or so we couldn't justify spending that much money. Would we have to show proof of staying in a WDW resort?

Nope--enjoy your visit! Just remember--that camping bug will bite!

and once you have been bitten by the bug there is only one cure known ands thats a trip to the next RV show :p :p

I've been waiting for that bite! My family was never the camping type...2 of my brothers have health problems that make it very difficult for camping and so I have NO idea what to do about camping but would love to! That's why the cabins would be great...a nice transition to REAL camping??? Too bad the mousekeeping doesn't include a tentsite!!!

That's how we got started--stayed in the cabins for several visits, rented a golf cart and saw the real campers having lots of fun! We borrowed a travel trailer and loved the trip! Bought a motorhome, and now won't go to Disney any other way!!

Now a motorhome may not be a tent, but I'm too old to be sleeping on the ground!!

We don't camp!:p We just have our resort on wheels!:smooth:
I have found that camping is an easier way to go. It's our house and everthing belongs to you.:cool: I would vist and see whats there.We are going down in Feb. for 6 nites and at 35.00 a night its worth it.

Thank you all so much for the advice....but alas...after talking it out with the fam and pricing out several different options, we've tentatively decided to rent a vacation home large enough for us all. The cabins will have to wait for another day....now, do any of you have any suggestions of vacation houses nearby????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter