Visiting a beach for the day

paqutte25

member since 2001
Any opinions on the best beach for a family to drive to for the day from Disney.. Distance isn’t really a factor but parking, facilities and atmosphere is. Thanks!

We went to Cocoa Beach last trip with our kids and LOVED it. Found a nice big parking lot just off the beach, with ample washrooms and outdoor showers for rinsing off. Beautiful white sand and very warm, calm water when we were there.

When this topic comes up, I always throw my vote in for Daytona Beach. You can't get a better parking situation. For $20, you literally can park on the beach. So your car is right there with you. If you've got kids and have to bring beach toys, blanket, etc...it's super convenient. The beach itself is very nice and atmosphere is fine. We don't spend all day and night there. It's only 70 minutes from WDW, so we'll leave our townhouse at 9am, hit the beach at 10:15am. By 2:30pm or so, we've had enough sun and surf and head back. Get home, shower, relax and by 5pm we can head out to hit a park or just chill for the night.

F98B1296-DF42-4CD9-9705-DB2698668275.jpeg Manasota Key Beach...maybe 2 hours? It’s off Manasota beach road.

There is free parking with a pretty big lot. We have always found parking during April break!

Biggest draw....sharks teeth galore! Picture above was from a few trips ago.

There are bathrooms and showers to rinse but no food. There is a Publix plus other places before you get there so you can always top to grab food.

Every trip we make we drive down and spend at least 1 to 2 days at Daytona Beach. It is fun to see people park on the beach and just relax right there.

Um, sharks are not a draw for me. :eek:

The sharks teeth are fossilized and from a while ago.

We went to Casperson beach in Venice, Florida and it was very. Good facilities, decent parking and lots of fossilized sharks teeth to find. To the north is another beach with a pier and walkway. Good restaurant, and we saw wild bottle nosed dolphins up close.

Orlando, Fl is within a couple hours of several beaches on two different coasts, Gulf Coast and Atlantic Coast. The Gulf coast offers shallower, longer beaches with whiter sand. The Gulf coast waters are generally warmer than the Atlantic Coast. On the Gulf Coast you watch the sunset over the ocean. The Atlantic coast side is generally deeper, shorter beaches with less white sand. The Atlantic coast has larger (not huge) waves and cooler waters. On the Atlantic Coast, you watch the sunrise over the ocean. In my opinion, I prefer the Atlantic Coast because I like to watch the sunrise and bigger waves. I like most of the beaches along A1A between Daytona Beach and St. Augustine beach, because they are much less crowded and less touristy. I've stayed at a bed and breakfast at Flagler Beach, which allowed me to feel like I truly lived at the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter