Virtual Run for GKTW and trying to get (and STAY) healthy!

mom2princesses2

DIS Veteran
Hi there! I'm a HUGE (in several ways) Disney fan who has tried losing weight more often than I have waited in line without a Fastpass. I've been "big-boned" my whole life and was really happy when I finally felt like I was reversing the trend last year when I lost 46 lbs.

Now, I'm not feeling so great because guess what. Yup, I did what far too many people do who lose weight...gained it almost all back.

What's a 41 yr old working mom of two kids whose lifestyle keeps me in a driver seat and fast food lane more than a gym to do? Well, sign-up to run a 1/2 marathon in Disney of course.

After trying to be a runner for the past 4 years and encountering foot problems that warrented surgery, I've decided to attempt something on my Bucket List....doing the Disney Princess Half Marathon.

To help me stay motivated, I've also decided to raise $3,000 for GIVE KIDS THE WORLD by joining the inaugural Run GKTW Team. My husband and I are blessed with healthy kids and a love of Disney so we think GKTW is a great cause and appreciate what they do for families.

For anyone interested in helping GKTW and get healthier at the same time, I'm hosting a SIDEKICKS TO THE RESCUE! Virtual Run between Sept. 1 and Oct. 31. You sign up to complete a 1 mile, 5K, or 10K during that time and in turn earn some sweet racing bling in the form of a special Sidekick medal or a Sidekick-to-Star medal too if you do the half or full marathon! Both medals feature a special Disney touch to them and pay honor to GKTW.

Your registration fee of $25 or $35 will go directly to GKTW (minus the cost of the medals and shipping). You will help give pixie dust to a child with life-threatening illness and joy to their families.

Thanks for reading and if you would like to register, you can do so at http://www.active.com/running/your-town-pa/sidekicks-to-the-rescue-virtual-run-2013. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter