Virtual Queue - large groups

Figment1990

DIS Veteran
My son is going to be at WDW with a large group for his school. At least 14 of them want to try to join the virtual queue for Tron and Guardians on their MK and Epcot days. We've joined many VQs but only for our usual small traveling group. I've heard that there is a maximum number of people you can select for a virtual queue (maybe 10). For speed, advice on the internet says to separate the group into two and use two phones so that you can preselect. However, what if in total, there are more than 20 of them in the group overall and they want to be able to make Genie + with various groupings throughout the day? Shouldn't they all be connected to each other in MDE?

Can someone just explain what the VQ process would look like if they had all 21 people connected in MDE? Can you still pre-select your party (up to the max #) before 7am when you have that many people in total?

In sum: what is the maximum number of people that you can select when joining a virtual queue and what is the best way to get virtual queue for a party that is over that maximum?

Curious about this also as I'll be trying to make VQs for 13 people at least once on my next trip.

I recently was able to obtain VQ’s for my party of 10 for both Tron and Cosmic Rewind on various days. Make sure your entire party is linked on your Family and Friends MDE account. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter