Virtual line for Hagrid’s

tgarre06

DIS Veteran
Visiting next week. At what time does the virtual line open for Hagrid’s? Thanks!

The first round depends on the day and how quickly they shift from standby to virtual. When we were there a few weeks ago it was often before 8am, but that was when they were doing IoA early entry at 7. May will look different. The 'set' times, assuming it has gone virtual, are 11, 2 and 4. There is also often a drop at 6, but that is not officially marketed.

When we were there a little over a week ago the initial times were random between 8 and 9am and it was luck of the draw if you checked at exactly the right moment. The 11,2 and 4 releases all happened between 1 and 2 minutes past the hour. For those you need to be on your phone and constantly refreshing the join virtual queue button. All of the released spots were gone within about 30 seconds of being released. You have to be quick because even if you get past the initial screen and select the number in your party if you even delay for a few seconds to decide on a return time from the list the times are usually gone when you click on them and you have to start over. We were able to snag one spot at an 11am release but unable to get any other times the rest of that day or any of the other 3 days we were at universal. Also be aware that even if you have a virtual return time that only gets you in the line. It was still about an hour and 15 minute wait to actually ride once we got in line. The ride was a lot of fun but I won't be doing it again until the demand settles down a bit.

I've been here since Sunday and the line hasn't been virtual the past few days. The waits have been an average of 60 minutes. This afternoon I got in line when it said 45 minute wait and was done riding in 30 minutes. Hopefully next week will be the same.

Just like the pp said, we have been here since Sunday evening and Tuesday and Saturday (today) have been virtual line. Monday and Wed-Friday were open stand by. It is also an open stand by line as of right now (almost 5 pm on Saturday)

Friday afternoon was posted 75min wait, but line entrance was at Hogwarts Express, so I knew it was much less. It was freely walking until the outside of Hagrid's hut with all the switchbacks closed. Total time was about 30min til exiting the ride. Really do have to look at the line itself to judge waits (when not virtual).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter