• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virgin kids refund

crabbie1

DIS Veteran
Im sorry if this has been discussed. In the last 4 weeks I have had my virgin e-ticket emailed to me twice. ??? Why as never happened before. Then today had an email stating refund for £71 for BFDD7 which I had heard about. The ticket says that this ticket has been cancelled. I dont think thats the case just showing the refund.
Does anyone know when the refunds are being issued? Will it just show on my bank account.

The Chancellor announced in his Autumn statement in December that as of 1 May 2015 children under 12 flying in Economy would no longer have to pay APD.

If you had already booked a ticket for travel after this date the airline needed to issue a refund for any qualifying children.

The Chancellor announced in his Autumn statement in December that as of 1 May 2015 children under 12 flying in Economy would no longer have to pay APD. If you had already booked a ticket for travel after this date the airline needed to issue a refund for any qualifying children.
Tracy I know this but I wanted to know when we would receive it and why iv had 2 more etickets in the last 2 months

Not sure I should respond to this yet as Virgin are not my friends at the moment. So short story, random emails re cancelled so to ensure they hadn't cancelled booking mailed back yes it's the refund of £71. Asked if would be sent in vouchers (how we paid for most of flight) or back to card as tiny amount on card. Response : on card. So Saturday I received a letter with an old fashioned carbon coupon like how tickets used to be. It's handwritten and along with letter suggests our refund is by way of a credit note. Which can only be used for part payment towards future flight for my son only and has to be used within 1 year of date of issue (6/1/15). We don't fly til August so I am not planning on booking any travel before then.

Gone back and stated this is not reimbursing me more securing further revenue for them or at very least my £71. Response - that's how we are doing it but I can email customer relations. They obviously can't forward my email across then. I did suggest they sent vouchers at least we could use them at other places.

Then to rub salt in I get the blanket email today saying how wonderful they are refunding everyone. Arrgh!

I am pretty sure that they cannot issue a credit note for a refund of APD.

APD is a tax which they pay the government, which they will get back from the government (or pocket if they hadnt paid them yet) .

Meaning that they are profiting from your "refund" - I would refuse to accept it and demand at the very least they reissue your voucher for that amount - Find the name and number for the customer relations director and email them about 100 times a day if all else fails :rotfl:

I've spoken to customer relations they have agreed to extend credit to 2 years and it could be transferred to my husband name.

Told them still not happy rant rant rant. They say that the terms and conditions of the Virgin voucher says that if cancellation or refund then it has to be via this daft credit. Told me I now need to speak to the Vouchers people there hands are tied! I gave them the being shunted to various departments is not acceptable or professional. To me Virgin is Virgin and they shouldnt be blaming another department.

As for the t&cs I can't see this in there. Besides its not like we cancelled through choice. She referred me to some other t&cs buried snd I mean buried in the flying club section of the website! Is £71 really that big a deal for Virgin to give back.

If we get nowhere with vouchers dept I've told hubby we should go to citizens advice.

Just had an email today that said all refunds should be processed by the end of March. :)

Thanks! If it's vouchers I hope I can spend it onboard as not looking for flights. Not sure what I'd buy though.

Not sure how virgin can take money for a tax that's no longer due and not give it back in cash. Seems shifty to me! Would be different if it was a refund on a seat but this is a tax they will never pay

Thanks! If it's vouchers I hope I can spend it onboard as not looking for flights. Not sure what I'd buy though. Not sure how virgin can take money for a tax that's no longer due and not give it back in cash. Seems shifty to me! Would be different if it was a refund on a seat but this is a tax they will never pay

Sorry should have read previous posts better!

I've spoken to customer relations they have agreed to extend credit to 2 years and it could be transferred to my husband name. Told them still not happy rant rant rant. They say that the terms and conditions of the Virgin voucher says that if cancellation or refund then it has to be via this daft credit. Told me I now need to speak to the Vouchers people there hands are tied! I gave them the being shunted to various departments is not acceptable or professional. To me Virgin is Virgin and they shouldnt be blaming another department. As for the t&cs I can't see this in there. Besides its not like we cancelled through choice. She referred me to some other t&cs buried snd I mean buried in the flying club section of the website! Is £71 really that big a deal for Virgin to give back. If we get nowhere with vouchers dept I've told hubby we should go to citizens advice.

If it's "The Virgin Voucher" they are actually run by a different company. We gave some as a gift at work once and I remember reading they are operated by someone else on behalf of Virgin or something.

We had a similar issue with Eurostar once, we had booked Premier class and they had to change our train and move us to standard so we were refunded the small amount back in vouchers as that's how we originally paid. Hope you have better luck than we did. :)

I'd be happy with Virgin vouchers back but what they have sent is a credit voucher for flight so not like for like.

I only paid for my holiday on Jan 4th - i paid the full amount
now my virgin account is showing a

£ -213.00

balance

Finally got a happy result. Vouchers said not their t&cs so I went back to VA. The girl that answered call was very helpful. She said she'd look into and promised to call me back - she did. Firstly offered me a voucher for £71 to spend on the plane with duty free. Hmmm never buy duty free let alone £71 worth. Eventually she said she'd just raise a cheque for me but then agreed may be easier to cancel 2 extra legroom seats and then rebook as comp. Job done. Shame took so much grief but I cannot fault this young lady she was polite, positive and the whole time customer focussed. She didn't even work in the refund department.

Today received from Virgin email confirmation of £71 APD refund & amended e-Ticket. However the amended e-ticket now shows cost of my 11 y o son's flight as £0 & the total received for the flights for the 4 of us has been reduced by the cost of his flight, not just reduced by the £71 APD refunded. I phoned Virgin about it asking if they will be issuing a corrected e-ticket, the person l spoke to advised me to email ticketing.c.request@fly.virgin.com which l have now done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter