• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virgin Aust - Bidding for an Upgrade

heidispidi

Mouseketeer
Hi All. Does everyone travelling with Virgin Aust to LA receive the opportunity to bid to upgrade their seats? Has anybody been successful???

I received an email from them on Sunday telling me I could bid to upgrade to PE. The minimum bid is $300 pp each way. Because we got such cheap flights, I decided to bid, and am now waiting to see if we were successful. I figure it's worth a shot!

I can't help with Virgin, but I can say that I did bid for a Auckland to LAX flight on Air NZ.

From memory I bid about $350 p/p and was unsuccessful. It was a very full flight so I don't imagine there were many empty PE seats to begin with.

Hopefully you'll have more luck.

I'm not expecting to win with the bid we put in, given we're travelling right on the school holidays and the flight is sure to be full, but I guess it's worth a shot :)

We had the opportunity to bid for an upgrade on our flight to Ayers Rock,but it was also something like minimum bid of $300, so I didn't even try.
Like wanderlust said, if it's a busy flight the bid price will be quite high, and many wouldn't hesitate to pay $500-$1000 ticket, however if it's an empty flight you could be in luck, but then again you probably don't need the extra space if you get a spare seat next to you in economy.
Good luck

I'm interested to hear how you go with this heidispidi. I would love to fly PE, but can't really justify the extra $2K or more to do so. Did you have to ask for this opportunity or do they just randomly send the email to people booked on the flight?

We weren't successful, but I did only bid the minimum amount for us each. I didn't request this, so it was either random or they ask everyone?

Hi All. Does everyone travelling with Virgin Aust to LA receive the opportunity to bid to upgrade their seats? Has anybody been successful???

I received an email from them on Sunday telling me I could bid to upgrade to PE. The minimum bid is $300 pp each way. Because we got such cheap flights, I decided to bid, and am now waiting to see if we were successful. I figure it's worth a shot![/QUOTE
Could you let us know if your successful with your bid heidispidi? I am so tempted but not sure if it's worth it for 5 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter