VIP tour tipping

We tip $600-800 per day for our family of 5. We use venmo. Our guides have always taken care of their own lunch and, in fact, they give you some snacks / drinks along the way as part of the package.

The guides used to eat with families pre-COVID and Disney paid for their meals. Since COVID, guides don’t eat with families (at least not since last we were there a few months ago) and get their own Disney bought food when you eat. In terms of tips, it’s all over the board. The best advice we’ve seen is roughly the cost of one tour hour per day as a tip. Last time we were there, our guide did have venmo which made tipping exponentially easier because carrying around an envelope with a large stack of $20s (thanks, ATMS!) was a nightmare! And whoever gave you that gift is one heck of an amazing gift giver! Enjoy!

We tip $200-$300 per day, cash in an envelope. We gifted our daughter and her boyfriend a 2-day tour; they gave $200 at the end of both days and the guide (same guide on both days) seemed very happy. Tips are genuinely not expected or required, and Disney actually makes it quite hard to do; there is no option to add it to the credit card payment and maybe I’m a bit old-school but I would feel awkward asking for the guide’s Venmo, so we’ve always done cash. For a 4-day tour if it is the same guide every day I would suggest $200 at the end of each day, and consider adding an extra $200 at the end of the last day to round it up to a total of $1000 if you have bonded with your guide and had an amazing time.

We only do one day VIP Tours when we do them. Family of three. We tip $550 cash usually, assuming the guide was good. We have had a very poor guide in the past and the tip was less accordingly.

What an awesome gift!!! We have a VIP tour in 2 weeks (HOORAY!!), and I’m planning on $5-600. I’ll bring cash if I remember, but we used Venmo before.

What an awesome gift!!! We have a VIP tour in 2 weeks (HOORAY!!), and I’m planning on $5-600. I’ll bring cash if I remember, but we used Venmo before.
As an aside, they just told me that we can only do Guardians once on our tour. Grumble grumble…

My family of 4 was gifted 4 days of VIP tours in December. What is the tipping recommendation for each day? And how does that work? Cash? Venmo? And are we supposed to buy the guide food? This is so out of my league I’m overwhelmed!

TIA
Can I join your family? I'm a wonderful grandma, I'll have my grandkids all write resumes if needed.

Please write a TR when you return. I've never heard of anyone doing a VIP tour for several days. Are you staying longer than four days? Knowing me, I'd want to do Tour day, rest day, Tour day, rest day, etc

Have a wonderful trip.

Just did a VIP tour last week and it was incredible!!! There were just three of us. Our guide did eat lunch with us and grabbed a snack later midday. We tipped her 1 hours rate cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter