• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VIP Tour & Light Saber

scrubalinda

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are doing the VIP Tour starting at 9am and both of our young boys would like to make a light saber. Is this going to "waste" our tour time? Any suggestions?

Personally I would consider that to not be an effective use of hundreds of dollars per hour (the fee you're paying). We do a VIP tour each year and try to optimize the time and the things that the guide can do that you otherwise could not. So for us, spending an hour of your time making light sabers or shopping etc. is not the optimal use of the rather expensive time. But then again, if it's your only day there or something like that you have to weigh the options. Maybe you could time it so that the tour ends at Galaxy's Edge and then you immediately do the light saber building after the tour is done and you've maximized your spend.

Agree with PP- would do Savi's outside of the tour time if you can. The building experience may only be 20 minutes or so...but that doesn't take into account the time to check in, the purchase process or the waiting to get in. Even if having VIP CM streamlines some of that, I can't imagine that they can make it go that much faster. FWIW two of my sons (15 and 22) did it in April and I really enjoyed spectating.

It sounds like you don’t have a reservation booked to build one? Are you hoping your guide can get you in? Maybe see if they can book one for you for when the tour ends so you aren’t wasting touring time building the light saber? But I don’t know if they will be able to book it if there isn’t availability. If you start at 9, and the max amount of time the tour can be is 10 hours, you will be done by 7, so I would see if they could make an appointment for you when it’s over.

We took a relaxed pace on our tour, but even so, I don’t think I would have done an extra like that during that time. At approx. $600/hour, that seems like a lot of money to not even get any benefit from the guide.

Not sure how long it takes to build one, but at around $500/hr you might be paying $250-$500 extra for those lightsabers. I'd schedule that for another day or after the tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter