• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VIP tour and eating

Jrits

DIS Veteran
We have a 10 hour tour booked 8:30-6:30 so will definitely need to eat, does the guide help expedite or is quickest option to mobile order?

You can only mobile order. They may be able to do that for you if you know when and where you want to eat.

We did a 7 hour tour and just snacked all day. We brought some snacks (granola bars, peanut butter crackers, etc.) and purchased some along the way (pretzels, etc.). Our guide had snacks/waters in the van too (not sure if they do that now with Covid). We didn't want to spend time sitting to eat since the tour itself is expensive. Is that an option for you? You could make a dinner reservation for after your tour so you can sit down and relax.

We did a 7 hour tour and just snacked all day. We brought some snacks (granola bars, peanut butter crackers, etc.) and purchased some along the way (pretzels, etc.). Our guide had snacks/waters in the van too (not sure if they do that now with Covid). We didn't want to spend time sitting to eat since the tour itself is expensive. Is that an option for you? You could make a dinner reservation for after your tour so you can sit down and relax.
We have kids with us but maybe can grab some Turkey drumsticks too eat on the go

We have a tour coming up in February. Plan to eat before. Will grab a quick service if we get hungry. I would rather stop for half hour to eat then try and push my family through hangry!!

Mobile order and grab/bring snacks. We did that on our 7 hour tour and the time we took to eat doing this was just perfect. You can order food while in line for a ride and pick it up when done on the way to the next one.

We mobile ordered Ronto Wraps right before we got in line for MF:SR and hit We’re Here as soon as we landed. Worked perfectly. Did the same with the Buffalo chicken grilled cheese at ABC Commissary while in line for MMRR. Before mobile order, we would pick a stand that looked like it had the shortest wait or one of us would wait in line during a ride one didn’t care to miss - for me if snack/lunch time hit when we were near Splash Mtn, I would take orders and wait because I’m not a big fan of possibly being wet a period of the day. They used to have the college program participants meet you backstage with baskets and handout various snacks and drinks at each park, but I don’t think that’s returned. Hint: If it has returned, don’t chose anything chocolate, even granola bars. Bad idea.

Right now they aren’t doing the chips/snacks/etc in the van since you have to wear your mask in the van. The guides can buy you water/soft drinks from the stands in the parks. We do a QS lunch and that doesn’t take more than 30-45 minutes. It gives the guide a little break too. They can’t sit inside and eat with you, which is weird, but that is COVID. We sometimes do a TS at the end of the tour, as the guide can get some reservations, even if the TS is ”sold out”. The guide will sometimes go get a table for the QS meal while you order, or they may even get the food while you are on a ride. Let the guide know what works the best for you.

The tour is tiring. We did a 10 hour day a few years ago. I know everyone says don't stop to eat, but we did stop for lunch. otherwise no way my group could have made it through that day.

Last week on a 1 day 2 park tour, my sister bought a package of the hawaiian rolls and made little ham and turkey sandwiches and kept them in the little cardboard and plastic bag they came in. I carried it in my backpack and whenever someone got hungry they just reached in and grabbed a little sammy. No fuss, no cleanup, no stopping.

So I work at one of the restaurants at MK and depending on which tour you pick if you choose ( I don’t think it’s available for every tour 🤷🏻‍♀️) to do sit down, they’ve got the order ahead of time and know what time the guest will arrive and we expedite the table… but keep in mind I know your whole order so drinks are already in table right when you get there and I am ready to bring apps out as soon as you get sat… management is also pushing to get you out since your in a schedule so to say. Have a great time no matter what you do 🤗!

So I work at one of the restaurants at MK and depending on which tour you pick if you choose ( I don’t think it’s available for every tour 🤷🏻‍♀️) to do sit down, they’ve got the order ahead of time and know what time the guest will arrive and we expedite the table… but keep in mind I know your whole order so drinks are already in table right when you get there and I am ready to bring apps out as soon as you get sat… management is also pushing to get you out since your in a schedule so to say. Have a great time no matter what you do 🤗!
Would they do that for quick service too?

With the caveat that it was pre-pandemic, our guide had us do regular mobile order at Satu'li Canteen (Animal Kingdom) and there was a reserved/roped off area where our group was able to sit together.

Did a tour in June 2021, and guide (who was very good) just had us do a mobile order from Satu'li Canteen, no special treatment. What was worse was trying to get a dole whip at MK, we put our order about 30mins prior to when we wanted it. Waited for 15mins after our arrival time and it still wasn't ready. We just left give we were paying to stand around. I felt really bad for the people behind the counter, so many were very rude and they were short staffed. Really wasn't their fault and they were doing the best they could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter