• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Villas versus hotels

You're referring to the cost of a cash reservation for a studio vs. a cash reservation of a hotel room. I believe the PP was referring to the cost of a cash reservation for a villa vs. the cost of renting from a DVC member.

Nope - I was responding to a blanket statement stating cash reservations are expensive - the OP was asking about comparing villas to hotels not points vs cash - So was I.

Yes it can be more expensive to pay cash vs points for a vila but the amenities and cancelation policy make up for this imho.

However it is not always more expensive to pay cash for a vila vs traditional hotel room through Disney.

I haven't been on the boards since Friday - so much valuable information. I need to "bookmark" this thread fro my two adult sons who will be planning a trip in for 202 with their families. Much to consider!

Thank all fo you very much!

We found a villa was very convenient when our kids were little. Having a washer/dryer in the room was huge! Also having a kitchen helps us save money by having food for breakfast/lunch, so it was worth the extra cost.

We love renting 1 BR villas for this reason, plus the fact that our D doesn't sleep well at night (she's 16 now), so it's easier on us all if she has a separate sleeping area.

We particularly love the 1 BR villas at BLT (have two bathrooms) and at BWI (has two vanity areas and makes it easier for two females to get ready).

As at least one other PP has mentioned, we always book through MDE ("cash reservations") and have always been able to get nice discounts off rack rate (we are APs)...maybe we've just gotten lucky, but I remember that once we were able to get 40% off rack rate for a BLT room (public discount, not AP)!

When H and I make trips without our D we don't usually book villas, but I really miss having that washer and dryer, the extra space, and the large fridge and microwave!

I like the villas more than the hotel rooms, but I always book cash. I like being able to cancel up to 5 days before and still get my money back. I change resorts around a lot before a trip and sometime have to cancel last minute. It's nice being guaranteed a king bed and I like having the space. When we took the kids it was extra nice since we do spend a lot of time in the room.

This year were actually staying at a 2 bedroom villa that we got through AAA. We're a family a 7 so we always need more space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter