Villas At Grand Floridian

LINDATHEPOOH

Mouseketeer
Does anyone else find it IMPOSSIBLE to book, no matter what time of the year,no matter what days of the week,no matter what week of the month? I realize it’s a DVC property and the members have first crack, but through the years we’ve booked other DVC properties with little or no problems. Any suggestions anyone? TIA!

It's not really the case that members have first crack at DVC resorts. For any DVC resort that's fully sold (like VGF), the membership owns >90% of the room inventory. Non-members only get access to anything in that inventory under a couple of special circumstances: members who own VGF exchanging out of the system (uncommon) and villas that aren't booked 60 days out. That's also uncommon, as it's a very small resort that's very popular.

The great majority of what's available for reservations by the general public is the <10% of inventory that DVC owns. So that's 10% of a high-demand 147-unit resort. It's just going to be tough to get, unfortunately.

You'd have a better chance at finding availability if you rented from a member, but even then, it won't be easy to find availability unless you're booking right at 11 months out.

Thank you everyone for the explanation! I had no idea how small the VGF property is. Now it makes sense why it’s impossible to book! Oh, well. There’s plenty of other great resorts to book!

We own there and we literally have to book at the 11 months out or we may not get what we want. I think it roughly the same size as the beach club villas too.

Don’t forget DVC rentals. I’m a non-member who got a 2 bedroom standard view on the first day of 11th month window for my dates.

I also just checked my dates (9-22 to 9-28) directly from Disney rental and there are 1 and 2 bedrooms available approximately 10 months out. So it’s not impossible!

Last edited:

Studios are virtually impossible. We’ve been able to get a two bed for 5 days at exactly 7 months, but have only ever been able to pick up a studio for one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter