• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

not loving the weather forecast but will try to swing by and see what the scoop is on Friday - might be a nice place to warm up.
I will be crossing my fingers for you that the weather forecast improves. We arrive on Saturday and it looks like a roller coaster of a week 🙁. Going to need to adjust my packing for a wide range of temps.
Let us know if you visit the Diamond Horseshoe. I think my DH would enjoy stopping in.

Trying to figure out how to get my friend all the VAH-exclusive treats she wants (which is nearly all of them) without sacrificing an hour of a 3-hour event standing in lines to get food.

Anyone have experience with the exclusive food? Do they hold fast to only selling at the start of the event, or can we sneak a treat 10 - 15 minutes early? Similarly, if we walked up to a food booth at 11:55, would they have any left?

Unfortunately, our quick 4-day trip only had VAH, not regular DAH. I'm still super excited, and looking forward to it, but I'm afraid my amazing DAH experiences with short waits are impacting my feelings about VAH.

Anyone have experience with the exclusive food? Do they hold fast to only selling at the start of the event, or can we sneak a treat 10 - 15 minutes early? Similarly, if we walked up to a food booth at 11:55, would they have any left?

I'm curious about the merchandise as well...if we can "sneak" 15 min early? My son wants the Hades shirt and I don't want to spend time waiting in line. Curious if we grabbed on way out if they'd still have some.

Does anyone know whether Minnie vans are available at the end of this event?

@GADisneyDad14 dobyiu know?

we're on the monorail the MK now from epcot! Have been in the parks all day - did the other 3! So hard to read the faq sorry!

Last edited:

we're on the monorail the MK now from epcot! Have been in the parks all day - did the other 3! So hard to read the faq sorry!
Have fun!!! Please let us know what time they let you in, TIA!! I don't think the Minnie vans will be out at that time, you may have to go to the Contemporary to get a Lyft ...

Yeah, published hours are 12:30. I’ve been told they sometimes stick around later for various events, but I wouldn’t bank on it. My experience with availability later at night is more that you tend to have trouble connecting to one, but YMMV.

Have fun tonight. It is FREEZING! We had to go to Disney Springs to buy warm clothes. :-)

This is probably wrong?.. 30 minutes in 😞

Attachments

• 8D837A2E-35EB-42D3-A19D-17C2DF0A3129.png
    8D837A2E-35EB-42D3-A19D-17C2DF0A3129.png
    114 KB · Views: 133
We’ve done 7 or 8 ( regular AH)of these and never seen 7 d with this amount of a wait even in the beginning of the event ..I think it might not be accurate. Still showing 50

This event is miserable. It's miserably cold and long waits. There was nearly a riot at space mountain when they told the VAH guests they had to get on after the remaining day guests in standby with a 50 minute wait then a 30 minute wait at big thunder. There's even a wait to get into the premium food diamond horseshoe. It's horrible. Soooo disappointed.

This event is miserable. It's miserably cold and long waits. There was nearly a riot at space mountain when they told the VAH guests they had to get on after the remaining day guests in standby with a 50 minute wait then a 30 minute wait at big thunder. There's even a wait to get into the premium food diamond horseshoe. It's horrible. Soooo disappointed.
So sorry to hear ! Kept looking at times thinking/hoping the times were wrong 😞 hope you get to enjoy some of the walk on rides . Urghhhh!

So sorry to hear ! Kept looking at times thinking/hoping the times were wrong 😞 hope you get to enjoy some of the walk on rides . Urghhhh!
At guest services now. All we've done is cris cross the park looking for something with a short wait time. I use the DAS during the day with my son, this is intolerable. If he could go on rides with fast pass like lines he'd tolerate the cold but he's just miserable walking around and being disappointed.

At guest services now. All we've done is cris cross the park looking for something with a short wait time. I use the DAS during the day with my son, this is intolerable. If he could go on rides with fast pass like lines he'd tolerate the cold but he's just miserable walking around and being disappointed.
Keep us posted! I hope they at least gave you your money back but that really doesn't help. For the money they charge and the description of the event being exclusive with low wait times they aren't delivering on what you purchased. If they can't get people out of the park when the AH begins they should have a gap in time before it starts.

Went to guest services and had a 10 minute wait, about 5 people ahead of me.

This is what I was told by guest services:

6000 tickets are sold
On a busy day you should plan on 1-1.5 hours for wait times to drop and queues to clear of day guests
Anything beyond that is an unrealistic expectation of the event

He told me he could not issue a refund because it was now 10:31 and more than half the event had passed. I explained that we gave up after hoofing it all the way to btmrr at around 10 and walked all the way to here then waited on yet another line. I did start to get a little agitated.

He explained that I'd been in the park since 7pm on that ticket and had already gotten more than half the value from it. I think the timing was unfortunate because it was right at the halfway point of the 3 hour event so boy was I mad that he counted time walking to and waiting to see guest services as "enjoying the event" but it was a misunderstanding. But yes he was right that if I'd been there since 7 I'd already gotten a lot of value from the ticket.

I told him I'd entered on a parkhopper earlier in the day and when he heard that he said he'd make a one time lifetime exception and issue a refund but that Disney would never issue another to me for anything else (which is bs because it's the second time someone at Disney has said that to me.) he also softened a little but when he saw it was a dvc discounted ticket so I guess they are less likely to tell dvc members to take a leap.

I took it on a gift card because I'm going on a cruise tomorrow and couldn't remember what payment method I originally used and it might have been more complicated. He did get more friendly once he verified I'd entered on a second ticket and he also verified on my son's magic band as well.

This is just fair warning... Do NOT view this event as a substitution for regular AH. That is NOT how Disney views it.

Also be very aware that the more crowded the park is that day the longer it will take to clear the queues for popular rides.

That said while waiting I saw at least 2 others leave with a refund looking unhappy, one woman muttering a number over $400 (guessing the equivalent of 4 tickets.)

At 9pm at space mountain the standby line was 50 minutes long and people were all grumbling. One guy was arguing with the cm who claimed her... I forget the exact phrase but basically manager had said to send people through the standby. I don't know how it resolved because we bailed but it was obviously someone who was aware of the previous policy of sending people through the fastpass line. If that person posts here I'd love to hear more.

I do not know if this policy is changed for all AH or just VAH but it did seem to be handed down from on high and NOT an uninformed CM, which is sometimes the case. I think this is a real policy change.

I have other observations but will save it for another post.

Last edited:
No I'm sorry it isn't unrealistic to expect that for $130 half of the time shouldn't be shared with regular park guests! I wouldn't leave it at that. I would speak to someone tomorrow too and demand your money back. What a waste of time and money - beside the fact that when you are out late for this you aren't getting up early the next day for time at another park. I'm' so sorry you and your son had to go through this.

No I'm sorry it isn't unrealistic to expect that for $130 half of the time shouldn't be shared with regular park guests! I wouldn't leave it at that. I would speak to someone tomorrow too and demand your money back. What a waste of time and money - beside the fact that when you are out late for this you aren't getting up early the next day for time at another park. I'm' so sorry you and your son had to go through this.
I finished the story and did end up with a refund but the guy was pretty snotty about it.

The thing is when we got our bands I said "wow this weather is miserable" and she said "you will forget all about it at 9 when you can ride anything with almost no wait." if that would have been true, we would have had a nice time... But after being denied rides 2x for ride waits being too long, the kiddo had a hard time holding it together and a of the sensory stuff of being miserably cold came crashing on him without the distraction of riding fun rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter