**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Seriously one of the big reasons I'm interested in this event is because of Malificent breathing fire at night. I don't even know if it will be offered when we go in August, but if it is, I sure hope to see FIRE!
Ditto. I know it sounds dumb, but I want to see this and it was a big reason why we chose to do it!

We're going on Feb 21st which I thought would be pretty crowded at the end of President's week but a lot of people seem to be saying the Friday before the long weekend might be crowded. Very curious to see how crowds are next week as it is probably more similar our night than this weekend was.

We have one day at the parks before a 7 night cruise and unless we get a late pickup time for DCL transport and I find myself with time to kill I won't be able to report back until I get home. Unless I am too excited to sleep after i get back from it!

I'm kind of hopeful that my speculation that the higher price and availability of regular AH would keep crowds lower - I wonder if it will raise crowds at the regular AH? The villains stuff is not that spectacular for this event though. It's not a huge premium over regular AH and you don't get a lot for it... the opportunity to spend more on merchandise and specialty sweets doesn't appeal to me and I agree taking away the end of the night show lowers some value as well and the procession is not a full out parade or anything. Other than that not a lot different. Honestly I think they could seriously step it up to really appeal to villains fans who have proven they will pay a premium for an awesome event. This seems a little bit like an afterthought.

I haven't watched this, but the DIS did a video, FWIW:

thanks for posting - I think "caravan" is an accurate name and it had more characters than I expected. Smaller than a parade but cute. It appears to last about 5 minutes to watch the whole thing and was crowded in the hub (I mean not christmas crowded but people several rows deep) - wondering if it is easier to catch on the fly from frontierland.

Probably a silly question, but I'm wondering if popcorn is one of the "free" treats offered at the party. Not a huge deal if it isn't but my husband likes popcorn more than ice cream. Thanks!

Probably a silly question, but I'm wondering if popcorn is one of the "free" treats offered at the party. Not a huge deal if it isn't but my husband likes popcorn more than ice cream. Thanks!
it is! as i mentioned in another post my son LOVES popcorn and I brought some ziploc bags so we could dump the popcorn into it and store it more easily while riding rides, this way he could eat it between rides.

I would be interested in knowing if the villains are at the train station talking to people as they leave the park at closing.

Would like to know reports of what time guests were let in. If not much earlier than 7pm, then I would hesitate showing up too early if it just means waiting for 1/2 an hour outside the gate to get in.

Some things I wouldn’t mind hearing reports about, for those that went last night...

1) what time you were let in (if you were there that early)

2) what you observed in terms of park clearing

3) Pics of the event guide handout

4) locations of any inside the park wristband pickup locations (for those with AP or other admission tickets who were already in the park)

THANK YOU!
I noticed park clearing right at 9. Also, we got on PP right at 9 and got to use the FP line since the queue was still filled with regular ticket holders.
Wrist bands were distributed at Buzz Lightyear, near Winnie the Pooh character meet and Tortuga Tavern.
Also, when I got my wristband was told they already ran out of event guides but more would be available at 9. I then asked a GET for a flyer and he said they didn’t want non party goers to have them so they wouldn’t be available until 9. While I appreciated his honesty, I clearly had a wristband so I’m not sure why I couldn’t get one earlier than 9.

I'm curious if anyone got a shot of the brochure if there was one. And if these magicshots are the same:
Officially, these are the Magic Shots:
Scar Magic Shot – Adventureland, across from Sunshine Tree Terrace
Oogie Boogie Magic Shot – Bridge leading to Tomorrowland, near rock formations
Maleficent Dragon Magic Shot – Castle Wall near Pinocchio Village Haus
Hades Animated Magic Shot – In front of Cinderella Castle

I'm curious if anyone got a shot of the brochure if there was one. And if these magicshots are the same:
Officially, these are the Magic Shots:
Scar Magic Shot – Adventureland, across from Sunshine Tree Terrace
Oogie Boogie Magic Shot – Bridge leading to Tomorrowland, near rock formations
Maleficent Dragon Magic Shot – Castle Wall near Pinocchio Village Haus
Hades Animated Magic Shot – In front of Cinderella Castle

Attachments

• 2020-wdw-magic-kingdom-villains-after-hours-guide-4-357x600.jpg
    2020-wdw-magic-kingdom-villains-after-hours-guide-4-357x600.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 26
I saw a VAH special treats review and they showed photos of the boards at each location. I believe everything had the snack credit symbol, except for the hades hotdog. Hope this helps. I know I've been trying to find this info to see if I could even use them at all for those items.

I saw a VAH special treats review and they showed photos of the boards at each location. I believe everything had the snack credit symbol, except for the hades hotdog. Hope this helps. I know I've been trying to find this info to see if I could even use them at all for those items.
Where's the special treat review?

I was at VAH on the 7th it was very cold crowds were very low. The most fun I had was with the live pirates in the ride Pirates of the Caribbean two talking pirates on the ride one was captain barbosa I was messing around and called him capt jack and he went crazy in a funny way! Come all the way on the other side of bridge to holler at me so much fun ! Rode it like 4 times. the only wait was 20 min posted was actually 16 min for mine train about 8 min for space Mountain. The cursed caravan was awesome Gaston on his horse . Mal didn’t breathe fire lots of CM asking about after hours band Very great night !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter