Villages Nature review and directions tip

Chevy

Mouseketeer
We just returned from a stay at Davy Crockett. Because the pool is under contruction we were able to use Villages Nature for free. The pools at Villages Nature were fantastic! They have indoor pools (wave pool, rock climbing wall, children's play area), outdoor pools (lily pads, lazy river) and lots of slides that are good for small children up to very adventurous adults. We went there on our arrival and departure days and did not run out of things to do. The locker rooms, showers, and shuttle buses are included with entry. However, they do not have towels. Davy Crockett said we could take our cabin towels with us, but that didn't help on our departure day.

Also, this is very important and the front desk person made no mention of it. There are 2 entrances to Villages Nature. The East entrance is just adjacent to the entrance to Davy Crocket off exit 14. You can't miss it; however this is only for overnight guests. You must use the West entrance, which involves getting back on the highway to exit 13. From the exit you have to go through 2 roundabouts to get to Villages Nature. At one of the roundabouts, 2 of the exits are marked Villages Nature (which you wouldn't know unless you are in the habit of driving completely around roundabouts before you exit). The first time we tried to get there we exited the first direction marked Villages Nature. It turns out, this takes you right back to where you started (the East Entrance/Davy Crockett at exit 14). We only found the proper exit because the third time we tried we missed the exit and had to loop around. Then we discovered a second exit also marked Villages Nature (it actually says Villages Nature twice for some reason). This is the one that will take you to the West Entrance. I really wish they would add the words Est/Ouest to the signage. The GPS in our rental car was no help.

We have just returned from staying at VN and I agree, the pool complex is fabulous! We spent a whole day in it and it is great for all ages. Even staying there though, towels are not provided and I wish we had realised this beforehand. The accommodation is lovely and the whole landscaped area is a fantastic wildlife paradise with wildflowers everywhere between cottages. We saw hares, a woodpecker and an owl. The biggest problem is that you cannot book for more than four nights (Mon - Fri) and it was impossible to do justice to both the activities on offer at VN and spend as much time as (my son at least) wanted at DLP. We also had several housekeeping/maintenance issues with the cottage that were badly handled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter