Villa advice please

m1ckeymouse

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone
We were waiting for free dining 2018 just for interest, but had already decided to stay value next year and do some more of Universal, Seaworld and possibly Discovery Cove, but with the prices that have just been released, it will cost us as much to stay at ASMusic without food, as it is to stay at POR with qsdp this year!

We have never considered off site as we are wimps and generally prefer to be within the bubble. But it would give us more flexibility and reduce the cost by eating at the villa. Can anyone recommend any sites you have used? Safety will be pretty high on the wish list and a personal pool isn't a necessity. I'm not even sure if it would come in less than a value.

Any help appreciated. Many thanks
Suzanne

usually, renting a villa will not get you cheaper vacations. The villa will get you bigger and better accomodation for Disney prices.

some DISers could tell you about Bonnet Creek.
There are rather affordable 2 bedroom condos, and its on Disney property (next to Carribean Beach, but not considered "onsite")

you could also rent a condo or townhouse in gated communities like Windsor Hills.
A 2 bedroom condo there could get as low as $800/$1000 a week in August

That's about the kind of price you would pay for a standard room (2 queens) at a Disney Value

So, you won't save, but you'll have comfort and space for the same price. But you'll need a car, and you need to factor in the $20 per day for parking at the park
you might offset that price, since, having a full kitchen, you'll most probably save on food. The question you need to ask yourself is Do I want to cook and make my bed while on vacations.

the only way you'll save, is by settling for some motels, sometimes in shady neighborhoods
but you did make it clear that safety was a concern, that's why I limited my answer to Bonnet Creek and Windsor Hills. But there are many others.

We have rented a townhouse and a villa with private pool prices ranging from £800 to £1500 for three weeks, both in communities. This year we are renting a villa with own pool for 23 days for £1500.

We have stayed at Reunion Resort and Lake Buena Vista Village Resort. Both we excellent and cheaper than onsite when we needed more than one bedroom. If it's just the three of us going and we only need 1 room, then we stay on site, with free dining it's cheaper as we also don't need to hire a car.

Have just booked through HomeAway.com for next years holiday and in a 4bed villa with private pool and it comes just under £1000 for 2 weeks without pool heating which is £15 a day extra if required. This is to stay at end of Sept and into October 2018. The prices differ on the website but there are some really nice places at good value if you search through.

Hi everyone
We were waiting for free dining 2018 just for interest, but had already decided to stay value next year and do some more of Universal, Seaworld and possibly Discovery Cove, but with the prices that have just been released, it will cost us as much to stay at ASMusic without food, as it is to stay at POR with qsdp this year!

We have never considered off site as we are wimps and generally prefer to be within the bubble. But it would give us more flexibility and reduce the cost by eating at the villa. Can anyone recommend any sites you have used? Safety will be pretty high on the wish list and a personal pool isn't a necessity. I'm not even sure if it would come in less than a value.

Any help appreciated. Many thanks
Suzanne

We love this place and have stayed more than once. We're hooked on Disney hotels at the moment so not been in a couple of years but would happily go back http://www.eaglewoodluxuryvilla.co.uk/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter