Viewing Transfer Points

Only when you go to make a reservation. The temporary contract they are in will show up as a choice.

Only when you go to make a reservation. The temporary contract they are in will show up as a choice.
I can see my transferred points if I am trying to make a reservation at 7 months but they do not show up if I am trying to make a reservation at 11 months :confused3 Anyone else have that issue :confused:

I can see my transferred points if I am trying to make a reservation at 7 months but they do not show up if I am trying to make a reservation at 11 months :confused3 Anyone else have that issue :confused:

Yes. You have to call to use transferred points during the home resort period. It seems that the system was set up that way.

Yes. You have to call to use transferred points during the home resort period. It seems that the system was set up that way.
Thanks for the helpful information, Sandisw :thanks: That is annoying since having to call can mean you lose a one hour booking window advantage :rolleyes1

Thanks for the helpful information, Sandisw :thanks: That is annoying since having to call can mean you lose a one hour booking window advantage :rolleyes1

It does…but my guess is it was set up that way because it coordinates with OTU points that can’t be used until 7 months out….

I've experienced 2 different ways they set up the transferred points. This is if same UY and resort as one you have in the membership you transfer into. I've had them both add it to the existing contract (which seems to keep the home priority online for your use) and then this other way of setting up a temp contract and then you don't see it further out in the home priority booking window. Currently have one that I can't see at 11 months. It's annoying as I've seen it can be done differently.

I've experienced 2 different ways they set up the transferred points. This is if same UY and resort as one you have in the membership you transfer into. I've had them both add it to the existing contract (which seems to keep the home priority online for your use) and then this other way of setting up a temp contract and then you don't see it further out in the home priority booking window. Currently have one that I can't see at 11 months. It's annoying as I've seen it can be done differently.
Thanks for the information, KATDISNEY :) My transferred points are for the same home resort but they are a different use year so that matches your experience :goodvibes

My update on using transferred points at the 11 month booking window ~ I added a day to my reservation by calling Member Services yesterday to use my transferred points with no problem :) I modified my reservation today and the transferred points were no longer used :confused: Looks like I will need to make another phone call :rolleyes2

My update on using transferred points at the 11 month booking window ~ I added a day to my reservation by calling Member Services yesterday to use my transferred points with no problem :) I modified my reservation today and the transferred points were no longer used :confused: Looks like I will need to make another phone call :rolleyes2

Thanks for sharing…it does seem that the online system doesn’t allow them to be used until 7 months.

Correct. They won't be available for your own online booking until 7 months. That includes modifications to reservations that have been set up using them.

I've not done a transfer-- can they be used to waitlist during the 11 month window? Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter