• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Viewing Magic Kingdom Fireworks from Polynesian

naplesccbob

Earning My Ears
Hi there

Looking for advice. Will be in the WDW area next week although staying offsite for non Disney related events. Years ago we were able to drive to the Polynesian resort to view the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach. Is that still allowed? What do we tell the security stationed at the entrance to the resort when driving there? How early do we need to get there and finally should we bring blankets to sit on?

Thank You in advance!

Too many people try to 'game' the parking fees by parking for free @ a monorail resort and walking to MK. Those lots would fill up such that people actually staying there had nowhere to park. Many older threads about parking. Generally, need an ADR (if not a guest) to park there. Parking attendants are wise to all of the clever reasons people try to use. That is part of the reason having a mobile food order is also now restricted.

It will take longer but you can park at Disney Springs for free and take the Poly bus over to the hotel. You would need to take the bus back or take an uber back to Disney Springs.

They also have a 2 hour restriction to block entrance to the parking lot .
You will not be able to park more than 2 hours before your reservation .
This just happened last night with a reservation and actually planning to dine at Steakhouse !
We had to park at TTC !

Not complaining.
I’m actually glad they are enforcing something because the parking is very limited for guests staying on property at the Contemporaru and BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter