Videography Opinions

KMS'sGlassSlipper

Mouseketeer
Hey guys! My fiance and I are going back and forth about whether or not to get a videographer. So I wanted to see what people did for their wedding. Did you have a videographer? If so, did you think it was worth it? If you didn't do a videographer, are you happy with your decision? or do you regret not having the video?

We are thinking about maybe just having a family member video the ceremony and other things just so we have them on tape, but nothing fancy.

Any suggestions and thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!!princess:

We're not having a video made. I asked my family and none have ever watched their wedding video except for when they first received it. I don't think we would watch it either so we decided not to spend money on it.

I have a few friends who have gotten married in the last few years and we watch the homemade videos shot by other friends instead so I think that's what we will be doing. The videos have been hilarious!!

We are going with Apex Media for $399 for a 2 hour ceremony video. I like what they have posted (samples) on their website.

My only regret from my wedding was my videographer. I don't know if I would feel differently if my videographer wasn't such an incompetent jerk (Jefferey Stoner Video) but it's the only thing that I think was a waste of money. If you can find a ceremony only package at a reasonable price I think that is a good idea, I am glad that I have that part, but overall that is the one thing I would change if I had a do over.

I too went back and forth about having a videographer. I booked STVS about two months before. It was one of the best decisions I made. I love the pictures but they just aren't the same. The day goes so fast and there's so much that you miss. I highly recommend it. I truly would have regretted it.

We had Disney videography. It was expensive, but I am beyond thrilled with it. Whatever the budget, I would recommend having some type of video.

My daughter had a Wishes wedding and used Disney photography and videography and everything came out beautiful!!!! I say get a video, because someday you will regret not having it. Yes, alot of times people don't watch it very much but at least you have it. It is so nice to be able to watch your wedding whenever you want to. The video acutally brings back everything live again. As the years pass by and many of your relatives and friends pass away you will always be able to relive the precious moments of having to see them again. I regret not having a video or movie from my wedding which was many many years ago, but back then they didn't really do videos as yet. I say spend the extra money and do the video because after everything is done the pictures and video is all you have left to relive those memories.

Since we're having our wedding in Epcot, we'd have to get Disney Videography, and it's really expensive ($2000+ I believe) I love videos but didn't see the point. However my fsil is dating a guy who is involved in video and editing and we've asked him to film it for us. I've checked with the planner and she gave us the thumbs up since he really will be a guest. He's only going to the ceremony and parts of the reception (like the first dance, cake cutting, etc...) So we lucked out. Honeslty if you trust a family member or guest, and you think they'd have decent skills I'd just buy a camera, if not, maybe use a company. Do you really want a video? How often will you watch it?

We were on the fence too, actually leaning more towards not having any video. I don't generally like to watch wedding videos or home videos and DF felt the same way. But I knew my mom wanted it, or rather just assumed we were getting it. And after talking it over with friends and coworkers a lot of people said that while they didn't watch the video very often, their kids did all the time. Being that it's also a destination wedding, there will naturally be people that can't make it who would want to watch the video too.

A few weeks ago DF's sister got her wedding video back, and it really was fun to see all the parts of the day we had missed. It really made DF and I glad we opted to get the video after all.

Thanks for all the input! My DF thinks that we won't watch it, but I would really like to have something. I know that my parents have had anniversary and birthday parties in the past and they had a videographer, and I have watched the videos many times. I think that I'm going to try to get some quotes from some companies to see what we can do.

Any more opinions are greatly appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter